Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any simple blog available on Mail Adapter as Sender and

Receiver?

I have read in sap help Sender Agreement not required for Mail Adapter, in this case how can Mail adapter act as sender?

Is this XIPAYLOAD is for attachments? is this only different from XIALL?

Sample:

Lets say my customers mailing their orders from Mail (from Yahoo,Hotmail etc) and i want to store in my Order System.

i am using XI for this. Somepeople will send order as attachment and some directly type in compose box.

How can i do config scenario for this?

is this right requirment that we use mail adapter for or any other specific requirment for mail adapters?

And how about acknowledgement with mail adapters?

Let me know.

Thanks

Seshu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

<i>I have read in sap help Sender Agreement not required for Mail Adapter, in this case how can Mail adapter act as sender?</i>

>>>SAP help tells you that , it is not obligatory. Anyway you can do the sender agreement here.

Mail Adapter scenarios-

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter

Sender Mail Adapter- SDN Audio

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/docs?rid=/webcontent/uuid/110ff05d-0501-0010-a19d-958247c9f798#xi [original link is broken]

If you are using Mail Adapter as a sender, then you i.e XI should have access to the Inbox of the mail server ( Firewall etc should be resolved). So I think you can understand the prerequisites for this.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fine,

Tq. One more, if u want to use Mail Adapter as a Sender, can i use directly?

i mean, automatically i will send mail to all my customers (monthly letter) which was stored in a Word Document or HTML File.

ie scenario is just File -> XI -> Mail

can we do this? Any blog?

Thanks

Seshu

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>ie scenario is just File -> XI -> Mail

can we do this? Any blog?</i>

>>>Yes we can do this.

Blog for reference-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address ( in this receiver is a mailbox, sender you can make as a file)

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter

These are links are already given.

In the demo link(https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/docs?rid=/webcontent/uuid/110ff05d-0501-0010-a19d-958247c9f798#xi [original link is broken]), there is a scenario called "Sending mails via XI " it is the same file to mail scneario

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Many Thanks for reply,

I am unable to open the Demo Video. I am able to open othervideos except under topic "Topic-Based Demos: SAP NetWeaver XI" in the link you gave.

i.e https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/docs?rid=/webcontent/uuid/110ff05d-0501-0010-a19d-958247c9f798#xi [original link is broken]

Thanks