daughter

It should come as daughter

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have implemented this in our last project.Following are the two options.

1. If you go to paragraph format click on button next to underline. There you can set the upper margin but sometimes in printout it does not print strike through.

2. Another good option is pace before and after option which you can modify and you can print strike though.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabheet,

I have a similar requirement. I need to display cancelled line items on PO, striked out.

Could you please elaborate on the 2 points you have mentioned. I do not seem to understand you.

Regards,

Smruthi

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

first create a character format c1.with about setting of my preview postes..and apply that c1 to ur words whr ever u want in editor...like<c1>word1</>.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

For Strike the word use can create one paragraph formate. in the formate u can choose the underline button. Then click on other attributes button.Here u can mention the spacing, thickness and intensity. By changing these attributes u can check.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Edit the Smartstyles used in the Form, create a character format, underlined and then click on the icon rignt of this box (enter more) and enter a negative spacing, so the under-line will be above the base line resulting in a striked character.(press F1)

Spacing between the underline and the base line of letters in the line concerned. The spacing is measured from the middle of the underline. If the values are positive, the middle of the underline is below the base line, if the values are negative it is above. As a negative value can be entered, it is also possible to strike through or underlay words.

Apply this format to your text in the form.

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Thank you very much for your reply. I am sure going to try it out. But I am working on an SAP Script and not a Smartform, so no Smartstyles here. I hope it would still work.

Thanks & Regards,

Smruthi

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In sapscript also try suing the concept of paragraph format for space before or space after...

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabheet and Raymond,

Thank you very much. I tried creating a new paragraph format in IDES, with underline, spacing (-1.00 MM). Worked perfectly fine.

But when I replicated the same in our system, it is not striking out, but just underlining. Is there any specific setting that should be checked?

Kindly help.

Thanks & Regards,

Smruthi

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sometimes dfue to different printer settings it happens..Change the margin to -3 or something and try.

It will work. Make sure you take the printout also.

Thanks

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabheet,

I tried all possible combinations -1,-3,-5,-10.. even changed MM to CM, LN,PT.. I had to take printouts for each case, because the deleted/blocked line item (supposed to be striked out) appear only in printouts and not in the preview.

There is no difference in any printout irrespective of the spacing variation. The items appear only as underlined and the underline is also present constantly in the same position. In other words, irrespective of the spacing variation, there is no difference and the items are only underlined.

In IDES system, the underline position varies as per the spacing variation. Also, I am using the same printer for both IDES system and my system.

So what could possibly be the setting, that by default the underline comes in a standard way and does not vary with spacing?

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Smruthi

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check via SPAD if the printer has the same driver (device type) in both system.

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the device type in SPAD, and changed it accordingly (as per IDES system). However, it still does not print the words striked out, only underline.

I need the words striked out only when the PO line items are deleted or blocked (EKPO-LOEKZ = 'L' or 'S'). The deleted/blocked PO items are not displayed in PO print preview as SAP feature is not so. These items are only appearing in the printout as per our customisation.

I tried setting the indicator EKPO-LOEKZ = 'L' or 'S' for item while debugging for print preview, and there I am able to see the strike out appearing perfectly. This proves one thing, that the negative spacing in Underline leads to strikeout. As I mentioned earlier, in IDES also, it works perfect.

However,in my system, in print out it appears only as underline. I really am not able to understand why.

Please let me know if there is any solution for this. Or can I try overwriting a '-' for each character in the line item, so that it appears as strike out.

Kindly help.

Regards,

Smruthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The strike shows in print preview in IDES. But in the print it appears as underline (Negative spacing does not seem to work for print). Same with my system.

Kindly let me know, if there is an alternate way to solve the strike out word issue.

Regards,

Smruthi

0 Kudos

hiiii.....

can any1 reply with d solution.....i am facing the same problem as smruthi.........in preview it is displayed...bt nt whn tkin print....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Maybe in SAPScript or Smartforms. However you can't do this wtih paragraphs, so you have to use the BOX statemenet to write a line to the form, and you have to position this line to strike over the text.

Underlining is easier.

Regards

Tamá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies...

I am working on a smartform. The text is present in footer section of a table in smartform...Please suggest.

I Mr...............son/daughter of .....................

Need to strike daughter as hardcoded one.

Dasig
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not expert in smartform, but if it's possible to use html in formatting text , u can use tag "strike" <strike>name</strike>.

Hope this helps.

Edited by: saad igueninni on Oct 19, 2010 4:51 PM

Edited by: saad igueninni on Oct 19, 2010 4:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Classical report, SAPScript or Smartform???

The answer depends.

Rob