SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-Oil: Vehicle Update/Delete when already used in a shipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

Is there any possible way to have a vehicle deleted (or updated) when it has already been used in a shipment? Of course, when I try to delete the vehicle using O4V4 the following error message is displayed (Vehicle xxxxxxxxxx has been used in shipment yyyyyyyy and thus cannot be deleted).

Another option that would solve my issue is to update this Vehicle Type (it's currently classified as a Hopper but it is a Tankcar indeed), but I'm not able to update table OIGV, field VEH_TYPE.

I appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Giuliano

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giuliano,

The only work around to delete the Vehicle master is to reverse/delete all its shipments. But this option is feasible if shipments are few and it doesn't have much impact on business if reversed/deleted. After creating new vehicle you can again create deleted shipments.

The other option is to edit the vehicle in SE16 using debug mode and change veh_type field directly in OIGV table. This is not recommended as per SAP standards and has to be used very carefully. This method is used ONLY if your case is very critical and impacting your business to large extent and if there are no other options available. But for that you should have full debug authorization.

Rgds

Mohit

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giuliano,

The only work around to delete the Vehicle master is to reverse/delete all its shipments. But this option is feasible if shipments are few and it doesn't have much impact on business if reversed/deleted. After creating new vehicle you can again create deleted shipments.

The other option is to edit the vehicle in SE16 using debug mode and change veh_type field directly in OIGV table. This is not recommended as per SAP standards and has to be used very carefully. This method is used ONLY if your case is very critical and impacting your business to large extent and if there are no other options available. But for that you should have full debug authorization.

Rgds

Mohit

0 Kudos

Thanks very much for your answer, Mohit. That's exactly what I feared!

I thought about another option, so I'd like to know what you think about it.

If I set this vehicle's status (OIGV-VEH_STATUS) as 2 (Vehicle to be deleted) and run SARA with object OIG_VEHCLE, will it be successfully archived if the TD Shipment's still in the database with status=6?

And... let's suppose it get archived somehow. Will I be able to use this very same vehicle code (OIGV-VEHICLE) to create a different (another) vehicle?

Thank you once again!

Regards,

Giuliano

0 Kudos

Hi Giuliano,

You can't archive vehicle for which shipments are existing in the system. Only those vehicles can be archived which are not used and have status as 2 (vehicle to be deleted). For archiving, vehicle must be unassigned to all its shipments. Once archived you can use same vehicle no. for creating new master which is not the case incase of deletion.

I hope this answers your question.

Rgds

Mohit