cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shelf Life planning in PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have created a class in R/3 following instructions of note 751392 so class containts characteristics:

LOBM_APO_SL_MIN

LOBM_APO_SL_MAX

LOBM_APO_SL_UTC

LOBM_HSDAT

LOBM_VFDAT

LOBM_VERAB

Integration model has been also created, we filter by organizational area, and only LOBM_APO_* have the organizatioal area assigned.

I have de-activated all the integration models and I have generate and activate them in this order:

1- Classes/Charact

2- Materials

3- Batch

4- Stocks

Doing so, we get the tab "Version" in the product view with the 3 columns from LOBM_APO* characteristics but they are empty, no dates. In the elements tab, all the stocks have the date 01.01.1970.

If I assign the organizational area to the standard charact. (LOBM_HSDAT, VFDAT and VERAB) then I can see in the versions tab the dates of when the batch was produced, expiration life and availability date. However, in the elements tab the date for all the batches is 01.01.1970 and shelf life heuristc (SAP_PP_SL01) creates more receitps though they are not necessary (enough quantity and ok shelf life) and shelf life alerts "receipt does not have pegging relationship" are shown.

I read in note 751392 that LOBM_HSDAT, VFDAT and VERAB should NOT be assigned to the integration model.

In order to create the dependencies, note 751392 proposes to implement note 394229 and then run report RVBCOR08. I cannot implement note because it is already included in my package - using SAP ECC 6.0. So I have just run the report.

Something is missing? But I dont know what. Thanks for your help.

Regards

CTF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just for information, please also make sure you have maintained shelf life data in material master in r/3 and the report RVBCOR08 finished with the message eg.dependency created without any error.

Rgs - Vikas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Only LOBM_APO* need to be assigned Organizational area.

2. Check whether CDP settings were activated in APO.

3.With new characteristics assigned to materials for Shelflife calculation it is not possible to calculate SL expiry date for already received stock in Past.

4. Can be done by MSC2N manually to calculate the expiry date.

5.In the Net Requirements calculation procedure enter avoid surpluses.

6.In the Create new receipt elements enter chronological order in sort procedure.

7.In the reuse mode enter use suitable receipts elemets.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks guys for the input!

I have only assign the class organizational area to LOBM_APO* characteristics, then I have reassigned the characteristics to the old batches with MSC2N and re-cifed them. Now the date 01.01.1970 is not displayed anymore in the product view and Shelf Life alerts in the batches u201CReceipt without pegging relationshipsu201D have also disappeared. Currently, in the elements tab of the product view, in the elements column I can only see the number of the batch, the storage location and the category of the batch, no dates. In the Avail/Req Date column I can see the production date registered in the batch.

However, when I look at the batch dates in the version tab, I can see 3 columns:

Min Shelf Life/Maturity in Sec, Max Shelf Life/Shelf Life in Sec and Reference Time Stamp of Batch. I do not see dats, I see time so for instance in the second column I see 31.536.000,000 (365 days in seconds) and in the third I see 20.100.812.220.000.

How can I see the dates?

Another issue is that If I set a forecast 14 months ahead and after that If I run standard SAP standard Shelf Life heuristic, no receipts are created though existing stock would be too old for that date (shelf life is 12 months), I have also checked and no batch is pegged to the new forecast.

When I run heuristic with Re-use mode: Suitable Receipts (surpluses and chronological are by default) I get two warning messages:

Reuse interval greater than shelf life of product xxxxxxxx, location yyyy and Safety days' supply greater than shelf life of product (note that I am NOT using safety stock method SZ and not MZ or MM)

Thanks a lot for your help

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I look at the batch dates in the version tab, I can see 3 columns, one per each characteristic: Min Shelf Life/Maturity in Sec, Max Shelf Life/Shelf Life in Sec and Reference Time Stamp of Batch.

However I do not see the dates, I see time so for instance in the second column I see 31.536.000,000 (365 days in seconds) and in the third I see 20.100.812.220.000.

Does anybody knows why this is happeing? Is this the normal behavior? I was expecting to see for example the shelf life experiration date (24.10.2011) and the the time when the batch was produced (24.10.2010) and not 31.536.000,000 and 20.100.812.220.000.

Thanks for your support!

Edited by: carlos tur ferrer on Oct 27, 2010 10:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is standard behaviour.As expiration data , the expiration time is displayed and the prodution date should be displayed form the batch data in R/3 system.

Rgs - Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

If I look at the batch data in R/3, production date is 13.08.2010, Shelf life expiration date is 13.08.2011 and available from is 20.08.2010.

However in APO, in the tab version If I look at the same batch, I see: Min Shelf Life/Maturity 604.800s, Shelf Life 31.536.000 s and Reference Stamp of the Batch 20.100.812.220.000.

In R/3 the 3 dates are referenced to standard LOBM characteristics (HSDAT, VFDAT and VERAB) but APO dates in seconds are referenced to LOBM_APO* characteristics.

How can I see the 3 dates in APO like in R/3? I.e: 13.08.2010 instead of in seconds.

Help will be highly appreciated

Thanks

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check for the Period indicator defined in SPRO " Maintain Period indicator" in ECC.

Also check in Material Master for the period indicator defiined for SLED and time unit in Plant data /Storage loc.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem was solved, planning is taking shelf life into consideration.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kumar,

your answers really help me but as carlos says I see the dates in APO in seconds, and I want to see it in Dates or if tis posible the date.

Thanks and regards