cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create/provide multiple file attachment functionality?

vishesh_malik
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have implemented single file attachment functionality in my application . Now I want to change this attach functionality so that I can attach multiple files with the form/application . Please provide me the pointers/coding .

Regards,

Vishesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This functionality appears in 7.01 : AcfUpDownload

Regards

vishesh_malik
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanx Joseph!!!!,

It would be better for me if you could throw some light on use of AcfDownload. Actuallly I have implemented the fynctionality with FileDownload UI by dynamically generating FileDownload UI . But when I tried to dynamically delete the UI element , I din't get any success. It is deleting the entries from the node in which I am storing the uploaded file content and file name but not the dynamically generated FileDownload UI element.

<< Moderator message - Everyone's problem is important >>

Regards,

Vishesh

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Oct 26, 2010 3:30 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vishesh_malik
Participant
0 Kudos

Thnx guys,

I have implemented it using dynamic generation of FileDownloadUI element and keeping the track of number of files uploaded so dat it can used on another screen to fetch the uploaded files. I had used different node for different DownloadUI element but it can be implemented using single node with 0..n cardinality . I may have to change it later dats y I have used multiple nodes with 1..1 cardinality . Now my only problem is how to map a delete button to every FiledownloadUI element. I have some idea about it but will try it later...

Thanks again for the support!!!!!!

cheers,

Vishesh Malik

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello -

you could simply reuse the same file download ui element - you can move the content of the context that it updates to somewhere else after the upload has finished. Indeed I would even recommend this - having that much data in the context is probably not a good idea - especially if you are using multiple components.

If you want to have true multiple file grabs - as per having one dialog which allows you to choose multiple files and upload them, rather than having to do multiple file select dialogs then you should refer to Thomas Jung's Flex example where he does this. ACFUpDownload currently has no file selection dialog that you can use.

[WEB DYNPRO ABAP FLASH ISLANDS TUTORIAL: MULTIPLE FILE UPLOAD|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50d42644-91ef-2b10-228c-9e0ae75b274e]

Cheers,

Chris

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>ACFUpDownload currently has no file selection dialog that you can use.

Which is true for 7.01. However we did add a file dialog in 7.02. It makes the ACFUpDownload much more usable.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>ACFUpDownload currently has no file selection dialog that you can use

7.02 still in ramp up - and all previously released help doco vanished Us mere mortals still have to deal with 7.01

Good to see you back on the forums Thomas after your TechEd vacation

Cheers,

Chris