Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Transaction VS Tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am not sure is this is question in security department but I want to ask it anyway. Would you be so kind and please tell me is there any transaction similar to the SU24, which is not showing auth. objects but tables on which typed transaction operates ?

BR,

Dawid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dawid,

Take help of ABAPer.

open tcode or program related to that tcode in SE80.

if tables are defined, they will show in left tree.

or after executing tcode -> go to menu -> system -> status -> double click on program name (do in DEV) -> dispay object list button

hope this help

regards,

Surpreet

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dawid,

Take help of ABAPer.

open tcode or program related to that tcode in SE80.

if tables are defined, they will show in left tree.

or after executing tcode -> go to menu -> system -> status -> double click on program name (do in DEV) -> dispay object list button

hope this help

regards,

Surpreet

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am not sure is this is question in security department but I want to ask it anyway. Would you be so kind and please tell me is there any transaction similar to the SU24, which is not showing auth. objects but tables on which typed transaction operates ?

>

There is no such Transaction exists as much as I know. But I can guide you how to find them.

Basically each input field populated during PAI in a Update transaction processing stores data in different (or it's corresponding) table(s). For more than 1 Lakh TCode and more than 1 fields for each screen (each Transaction is a combination of several fields) leads to a scenario where the number of tables involved become so huge that it can't be documented... also think about customizations done.

You can easily find out the Table name where the data is getting stored for a particular field or the connection of a field to some tables.

1. press F1 button after selecting a field. A new window will pop-up.

2. click on the " Technical Information " (looks like a hammer) button in the application toolbar of the new window opened.

3. One more window will pop-up. Here in the Field Data section you will get the Technical name of the Table Name, Field Name and Data Element Name.

4. Go to SE16 and check the table.

But depending on the nature of field you may get different Type of Table Name. So if you find the table name is basically referring to a Structure for example then follow the below procedure:

5. Take the Field name and go to table DD02L and put the field name and search in which table this field is present.

6. Take the Data Element name and go to DD04L table and find out the table name which Table contains this DE.

In these two points you can select the table types as well.

Is this what you are looking for? Else let us know.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Edited by: Dipanjan Sanpui on Oct 19, 2010 9:23 AM

<sorry my laptop got restarted after a MS Security patch update before I complete the stuff>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much. You were very helpful.