Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception: Function template from repository was <null>

SF_Commune
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to execute SOAP to RFC scenario in SAP PI 7.1

While sending a message to the RfcAdapter am getting an error "... functiontemplate from repository was <null>".

I have gone through the SDN and sent so many messages but my adapter still did not change its color to red/green and stick to Grey!!!

Since, File2File scenario is working fine, i did deepdive into error and observed that the metadata in repository does not have the FM with this name and the exception is throwed. It does not contain any entry of FM.

Also observed that the program "rfcexec" (Starts Program 'RFCEXEC' on Application Server) is not available in the respective folder of my PI box and getting Timeout error in TCP/IP RFC connection u201CSERVER_EXECu201D.

Please throw some light on it..

Thanks,

Nanda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vkaushik82
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please check RFC adapter FAQ ques number 16 will give you idea why this is happening

Check below link for FAQ

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_bc_xi/~fo...

SF_Commune
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Vikrant,

I have already gone through this FAQ note #730870

But it was mentioned that "The metadata repository doesn't contain an entry for this function module name and Normally the metadata repository will be an R/3 system and it's function module repository can be searched with the transaction SE37"

I have already stated that "the program "rfcexec" (Starts Program 'RFCEXEC' on Application Server) is not available in the respective folder of my PI box".

The FM itself not available!!! I tried looking at the kernal patches with the help of basis team but not sure which contains this.. Is there any other clue?

Thanks,

Nanda