cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg ADS setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement of setting up ADS in our landscape.Iam a Basis Consultant..For that I have dowloaded the master guide from SDN.. SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe..Adobe Document Services..For SAP NetWeaver 7.0...(Support Package SPS 13) and In that note I found that ADS can be configured using (correct me if I am wrong)

1) SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio in the Web Dynpro section

2) ABAP Workbench in the Form Builder section (transaction SFP)

could you pls basically explain what is the difference between configuring ADS with 1 and 2..will there be any difference in configuration from Basis using webdynpro and ABAP workbench

From Basis configuration what I could see is that creating RFC's, from both ABAP and Java and activating SICF services and testing...etc would be enough for ADS configuration

Pls let me know if there is any other extra configuration other that this

appreciate your help

Thanks,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ADS has been set up as per the standard guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not a basis consultant. But these were some (most) of the basis tasks that were listed when we deployed adobe forms. Hope this helps you-

Server Side: Adobe document services component (Configuration for web service, credentials, and certificates will follow). IWe had the Portals, Web Dynpro runtime on the same J2EE engine, so we included Adobe service on the same engine as well

Developer Machines: Live Cycle Designer (It comes with standard SAP GUI Installation, like as Bex installation). [Available on servicemarket place]

SFP is the transaction that your developer will use to create the forms.

Cheers, Liz

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

1. and 2. is about developing forms. The configuration has nothing to do with this. Please read the configuration guiide at:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/adobe

Best regards,

Dezso