cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Plan with Counter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have the following requirement, would be of great help if you can help me get the solution:

Their is a pump which is to be maintained. The orders need to be generated on the basis of two parameters:

1. Number of hours the pump has ran. This can be recorded against measuring point.

2. Number of calendar days elapsed.

The maintenance order should be created which ever condition is met first. For example: Every 200 hrs the pump runs, a maintenance order should be created also if the time elapsed is 2 months the order should be created. Now whatever of the above two comes first the order should be created against that only.

Can anyone please tell how to achieve this.

I have thought of two options though they dont look good:

Option 1: Create two maintenance plan. Delete/TECO the extra order generated.

Option 2: Create one maintenance plan with multiple counters, one for running hours and the other for calendar days. Keep OR relation. But here we need to update calendar days counter every day which is not feasible.

Thanks

Geravine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

First of all you have to create the Measuring Counter for your Pump using the T.code IK01 and then post the initial measurement document against the measuring counter using T.code IK11.

After above create the Cycle set for Multiple counter using T.Code IP11Z, and define the Cycle for your Multiple Counter Plan.

In your condition, define the cycle length as "2" and UOM as "MON" and second cycle length as "200" and UOM as "HRS" and also provide the short text for Cycle short text as per you convenience. This is one time activity.

Then create the Multiple counter Plan using the T.Code IP43 and cycle set created in earlier step. Provide the Technical Object i.e. Pump (Most probably Equipment) all other details are copied from it. Enter the created Measuring Counter for your Technical Object in the Maintenance Plan Cycle Tab against the 200 Hrs Row in Counter Columns. In the Second Tab i.e. Maintenance Plan scheduling parameter Choose "OR" Link . Enter the value Scheduling Period which help you to show the future plan in advance.

And as per requirement you can also check the box available for Completion Requirement, Check the box if you required that New Maintenance Order will not be generate until the previous order is get closed.

Hope this will resolve your query

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For your case you need to use Multiple Counter Plan IP43 and before that you need to create Cycle Set in IP11Z and use that in IP43. In IP11Z you can define cycle lenght 200 , unit as Hrs and 2 , units as months ..in IP43 when you use this cycle set for 200hrs you need mention the corresponding counter related to the technical object and for 2months no counter is required .. system will take system date as reference for calculation ..maintain OR relation between the 02 cycles ..in Maintenance Plan Scheduling parameters.. , ensure you have initial measurment document for your counter ..

Test it ..

regrds

pushpa