cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"SOAPFaultCode: 1 Server Error"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a problem with error "SOAPFaultCode : 1 Server Error" when I test connection web service in abap using sproxy.

I created config in PI, the scenario is 1 sender - two receiver with BPM synchronously. BPM split the message I was send using fork to each receiver and send back the response. Everything worked fine when I test it using XMLSpy. Then I create connection to that WS in R/3 using Logical Port in SOA Manager. When I test it in sproxy I got that error message (SOAPFaultCode: 1 Server Error).

I Trace in ST11 and got following detail error :

XRFC> TRACE SOAP RUNTIME - trace records <

XRFC> <

XRFC> <

XRFC> E SOAP_RUNTIME 20101018082148.5857600 : CL_SOAP_RUNTIME_CLIENT <

XRFC> ->EXEC_PROCESSING Exception handling in SOAP runtime <

XRFC> <

XRFC> <

XRFC> E HTTP_TRANSPORT_BINDING 20101018082148.5625770 : CL_SOAP_HTTP <

XRFC> TPBNDROOT ->HANDLE_STATUS_CODE Received return code 500 ( <

XRFC> Internal Server Error ) <

XRFC> <

XRFC> <

XRFC> E SOAP_RUNTIME 20101018082148.5856920 : CL_SOAP_RUNTIME_CLIENT <

XRFC> ->EXEC_PROCESSING SOAP Fault Exception caught: : Server Error <

XRFC> <

XRFC>

XRFC> End of user trace

I confuse wether my SOA Manager setting is going wrong or my config in PI not complete yet..

I would appreciate if anybody could help me solving this error..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glenn,

Who is the service provider in this case? SAP System?

Also, how did you create / generate your consumer proxy (local file or URL) & how did configure your logical port (using a URL or manually)?

Just a guess but if everything worked fine when you tested using XMLSpy it would mean that everything is fine on the provider side & the problem may have something to do with how you've setup your consumer proxy.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for your reply..

yes, service provider is SAP system

I create consumer proxy using file in my local drive and logical port manually..

can you give me step by step guide how to setup the correct one consumer proxy?

Thanks

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got the error message in SAP PI after I hit again test configuration in sproxy R3.

the error message came from ST22 and show : MOVE_CAST_ERROR.

Please Help me..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using PI then why you are creating consumer proxy using file?

Just goto SPROXY transaction and create ABAP proxy of your outbound interface and then just test that interface (even no need to create LP as default LP is PI runtime).

Search for ABAP proxy example on SDN for detailed steps.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

MOVE_CAST_ERROR means that the programme behind your service tries to assign a value of variable of wrong data type to a variable, e.g. a string to an integer field.

unfortunately the soap runtime does not validate the data received so it hands it over to the function module or class, which crashes due to a wrong data type.

just find the field(content) of wrong type.

regards, anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav, Thanks For Reply..

Unfortunately, I create this scenario from Web service to ABAP Proxy (Must make logical port). I have tried with PI Scenario Proxy to Proxy (No need logical port) and work fine..

I'm still facing this problem.. any other solution?

Thx

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton, Thanks For your suggestion..

I will try that solution first.. and I will inform you if that solution work..

If any other idea, please dont hesitate to inform me..

Thanks

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton..

I have tried to change data type as your instruction. but i'm no luck with this.. the error still same SOAPFaultCode:1.

Is there any tool to trace what item in web service that i send to R3 through PI? so I can know, where the error is..

thx,

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOLVED!!!!

I consume web service directly using ABAP code in this tutorial Link:[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/847] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];, because with proxy and logical port way, i'm stuck in this problem..

Thanks u so much for helping me..

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

great that you solved your problem, but I wouldn't recommend this approach generally, it's kind of a 2004ish hack. only if this is the only one WS call you'll ever have in your system or in rather exceptional cases, this approach might be okay.

I'd give ST11 on the target system a try, dev_rfc contains the XML-message. look at the message to find suspicious fields (very often date/datetime fields cause hassle) and maybe even validate it in an XML tool (e.g. XML spy) to get the error.

my 2 cents,

anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

Your Explanation is very useful for me.. However, I'm still curious why i'm not able to use LP and SOA Manager to consume my WS. I have try ST11 and look at dev_rfc, like in my first post in this thread, but I got not much information detail about my error..

any other else tool to trace my error in detail?

Thx,

Glenn

Answers (0)