Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit status change through Sales order - change log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I'm currently facing a scenario were it was reported by the client that

credit release is happening automatically.

Brief details :

Order was created on 4th Of Oct and it was blocked (reaches the VKM1 bucket )

since the customer reaches the credit limit.The same order on 5th Oct was not in VKM1

bucket were the status of order in Sales document header states that it's released.

Initial check : (Sales order change log)

1, I've checked the change log on 5th Oct were the field VBUK - CMGST "Overall status of credit checks changed" from B to A.

(( Status and details below

A - Credit check was executed and document is OK.

B - Credit check was exectued and Document is not OK (credit block).

C - Credit check was executed document not OK, Partial release.

D- Document released by Sales representative. ))

2, I tried to replicate the order status for block and release, But when I release through VKM1 / VKM3

the change logs are getting updated with Status - D .(ie from B to D) .

I'm wondering that what could be the reason that causes the system to update in the table - VBUK - CMGST from A to B

or because of what change from the client in the sales document header level could impact this changes.

Note - There is no payment which received from customer on that day.

Please let me know in case if you are getting the clue...

Thanks in Advance..

- Pugal stalin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check if the price of the document changed? My guess is that the price might have been changed and the net value is below the cedit limit. Hence, I think the credit status is changed from B to A.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Mukund S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukund,

Intially I tried that option also of price change in that case system just show "Item credit price changed" in the change log but there is no change in the Overall credit status of the order.

There is one more scenario is there where the change log shows only the Status change of Credit from B to A.

is there any impact is there ...

Thanks & Regards,

Pugal KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mukund,

Thanks for the input...Yes I agree with you that the status of A to B is getting changed due to change in the order quantity and pricing discounts.

Thanks & Regards,

Pugal Stalin.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saif_sabri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

A simple credit check, as the name suggests, is very simple in nature. The functionality is limited and considers only open A/R items and open items from special G/L and sales orders for performing the credit checks. When you create/change a sales order that is relevant for a simple credit check, SAP calculates the payer/customeru2019s credit exposure by adding the open A/R balance for the customer, open item balances from the special G/L, and the net sales order value. This credit exposure is then compared against the customer credit limit maintained in the customeru2019s credit master. If the credit exposure is greater than the credit limit, the system sets the credit check status as u201Cfailu201D and shows a warning, generates an error message, or performs a delivery block

Regards from Pakistan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have mentioned the basics of Credit mamangement,

Thanks for the inputs

Thanks & Regards,

Pugal Stalin

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member