cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle database upgrade during Upgrade to SAP ECC 6.0 ON AIX 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

One of our customer is going for an upgrade to ECC 6.0 on AIX 5.3. It also includes upgrade to Oracle database 9.2.0.7 to 10.2.0.4 based on AIX 5.3.

As per guide Database Upgrade Guide Upgrade to Oracle Database 10g Release 2 (10.2): UNIX - Document version 3.0 (2009-08-25) Point number "4.1 Database Software Installation" We need to shutdown all oracle instances to run the script named rootpre.sh.

I am little confused regarding the above.

Point 4.1.3 (Performing Steps for the AIX Operating System) on the same document says, in the prerequisities "If several

oracle instances run on one computer, you must shut these down before adapting the kernel".

Is that means if there are several instances then only we need to shutdown all the oracle instances

But in our case we have only one instance , Do we still need to shut it down ?

I request you all to let me know as This will affect the downtime of the system.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simply means that in the case you have more than one instance you need to shutdown down the instance you are working on and all the other ones too.

Regards

Juan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have only one instance on your server then I suggest jsut shutdown on which you are working on.