cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan - link between Business scenario/process in solar02 and CR/CD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Solman experts,

I would like to know more about the possibility to link BP structure in solar02 with Charm (CR/CD you create).

I know we can create a standard incident directly from the BP structure of solar02 or we can add a link to a standard incident message in the tab "incident/messages,

but we only use a customed version of charm (CR/CD... no incident) and we would need to

- either create CR from the business process structure in solar02

- or to create it as usual via our Z transaction Z_charm_create and then to add a link in solar02 in a tab to the CR/CD created in charm.

We indeed need to have a link for reporting purpose between our BP structure and the change document/change requests/TR.

Could you help me?

Thanks in advance,

Alice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alice,

The integration point between ChaRM and SOLARXX is in the tab "context", which is located in the ChaRM documents. You will find the customizing for this in: Change Request Management - Extended conf - Assignment of business objects. Thereafter you can report on the links between your charm documents and SOLAR with the report SOLAR_EVAL

Hope that help!

Federico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frederico,

Thanks for the quick response!

So what you are saying is that if I have entered a business process structure in solar01/02,

in a change document/change request I can there specify to which Business scenario/business process it belongs to If I have done the necessary configuration (that is to say adding a new tab "context" and done the linked customizing)?

Is that correct?

I checked the path you mentioned for customizing this, but I did not manage to understand what I am exaclty suppose to do in order to have this customized; could you provide me with more information?

Thanks again for your help,

and have a nice afternoon;

Alice

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

pls refer this

[https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/sapidb/011000358700000183792008E.sim|https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/sapidb/011000358700000183792008E.sim]

jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jansi,

Thanks for the tutorial, I watch it and it explains very well the concept.

It was just what I was looking for.

However, I tried to reproduce the steps to link a CD/CR to a business process node on my solman system (SP23) but within a C>> tab transactional data>>tab customer fields, I do not have the possibility to add a link to a BP node as it is the case in the tutorial....I do not have any sub button "project".

Do you know if I need to configure or activate something to have that available?

Thanks for your help,

Alice

Former Member
0 Kudos
  • rectification: I do have a button"project", I can add a link to a project but upon right clicking on"structure object" I have not the possibility to add a BP node link.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jansi, frederico,

I implemented sap note 1476643 ... but still it is not working.

I am not able to add any structure object (only a project).

Does anyone has an idea what I have to do to get this funtionnality working?

Thanks again for your time and help!

Alice

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i hope you are missing something

To assign structure elements from a project, choose the Project pushbutton and select the required project. 
The system creates the root node Projects and also the subnode Structure Objects automatically.

To assign structure elements from a solution, choose the Solution pushbutton and select the required solution. 
The system creates the root node Solution. Click the Solution node with the secondary mouse button and
 choose Add and then Structure Objects. The system creates the subnode Structure Objects

pls again chk this

[https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-30423?treeid=DOC-8303|https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-30423?treeid=DOC-8303]

But if this case only sp22 above, try with frederico's advise.

jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jansi,

Thanks a lot for your answer!

I figured out thanks to your links what I needed to do (I missed a step in my customizing).

Could you let me know how I can find the report that tells me the CR/CD belonging to a project and its BP node (structure object)?

I supposed it is under solar_eval but I do not manage to find back all this information together (I checked under "ChARM" but there is no link to structure object reporting....)

Again a big thank you for the time you took for me;

have a nice day;

Alice

Answers (0)