cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between "Binding Period" and "Validity Start/End" in Bid

Former Member
0 Kudos

SRM Experts,

1. We see 2 different things, "Binding Period" and "Validity Start/End" while preparing the bid. What is the differece between these?

2. These fileds are non-editable for the bidder, while preparing the bid response. How bidder can give validity period for his quote (at header level)?

3. We see that, the bidder can specify validity start/end date at condition level. Is it not possible to specifiy a validity of the quote at header level?

GH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. We see 2 different things, "Binding Period" and "Validity Start/End" while preparing the bid. What is the differece between these?

"Binding Period" indicates the last day the bid response is legally binding on both sides. The value is defined by buying company only. Bidding company or bid response can not influence this.

"Validity start/end" dates are the validity timeframe for the RFx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jay Yang,

Sorry for delay in responding.

Is there any control link between these two ( "Binding Period" and "Validity Start/End"). For example, the binding period cannot exceed validity end date....

What about your openion for the 3rd one i.e. Validity start/end date which can be specified by the bidder, along with conditions?

GH

Former Member
0 Kudos

case1: After expiration of - binding period in RFx header:

case2: After expiration of - validity end period in RFx header:

case3: After expiration of - validity end period of RFx Response:

I created seprate documents for each cases.

I tried accepting the RFx response in all above 3 cases system did not give any error.

I tried creating the PO against the RFx response in all above 3 cases system did not give any error.

Is it correct behavior or is there any problem?

GH

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. There is no standard cross-checks between binding period and validity start/end dates. If you would like this to be checked, you could write the logic in your implementation of BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI.

Answers (0)