cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI for changing material in MM12 with future date change number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For changing material data on current date , we are using BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA and it works perfectly fine.

we also change materials with a future date . we do so by creating a Change Number with a future date and then changing the material with that change number in transaction code MM12. but when we try to do the same changes automatically with BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA , we are getting error 'Valid-from date is in the future' . This is because BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA behaves as if we are making changes with transaction code MM02, and hence the error ( same error comes when one try these kind of changes in MM02 and it is logical ) .

Now my question is how we can make BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA behave as if we are making changes in MM12. or if there exists some other function modules or some other way to do it . Please advise.

Thanks.

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our ERP system is ECC 6.0, when first use MM13 to active material change, system always raise error message. After implement several notes to current ERP system, It seems that user can create new storage location data/sales data/PP data in MM11, MM12 now. But still some data canu2019t input in MM11/MM12, it includes Sales text view, Purchase order text view, Basic data text and document data in addition data view,u2026, and the Inspection setup button in Quality management viewu2026

So I have to enhance the standard SAP code to let SAP display these view and button, and now everything seems smoothly with MM11/MM12/MM13. But Iu2019m still not confidential in SAPu2019s Planned Material Effective function, Iu2019m afraid that the data activated by MM13 canu2019t be used properly in purchase, sales or production business. I never heard that some company absolutely use MM11/MM12 to maintain material data.

Could you tell me if thereu2019re some successfully implementation story on planned material effective function in SAP, I means create and change all the material data in MM11/MM12, Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i also came across with similar kind of requirement. Will you plase tell me to which field of the BAPI change number need to be passed.

Thanks and Regards

Neelima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

could you please advise on the above issue ?

BR,

Gaurav