Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorazation of schedule background job only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I have given the authorazation of trans. sm36 to all my Users in production server.

now they can schedule job and when they save background job .It automateclly relesae.

I want users schedule background job only. but they can,t be released those job. Only i will these relesae .

So which authorazation object i should remove from users side. i,e S_BTCH_ADM and S_BTCH_JOB and value

Pooja

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

You can protect with authorization object S_BTCH_JOB with activity RELE (release other usersu2019 jobs to start; a useru2019s own jobs are automatically released when scheduled.)

Hope this helps

Thanks

Dheeraj

0 Kudos

Dear,

I have given the authorazation of below object

Object S_BTCH_JOB Background Processing:

Field name JOBACTION Job operations

Maintained Background Processing: Operations on Background Jobs

Job operations Display Job Processing Log

Summary of jobs for a group *

but when user save the job .job automatically release.

0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

In authorisation object S_BTCH_JOB, do not give authorisation to RELE in the field name JOBACTION and ensure that S_BTCH_ADM has value N

This will prevent the user to release the job automatically

You can also refer the thread below:

Edited by: Siddhartha Varma on Oct 19, 2010 10:07 AM

Edited by: Siddhartha Varma on Oct 19, 2010 10:14 AM

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before giving any answer to your issue / question I would like to mention that you have done a big mistake. SM36 should not be assigned to all users in Prod. Only the people responsible for Job scheduling should get this TCode.

From you question I guessed... you assigned SM36 just to enable everyone to schedule or run a session in batch mode. If this is true then you need to maintain the S_BTCH_JOB and S_BTCH_NAM objects where ever you get as check proposal for a Transaction.... no need to assign SM36 to everyone.

regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Now I have remove sm36 from all role.

Former Member
0 Kudos

S_BTCH_ADM "overrides" S_BTCH_JOB, so you are only treating a symptom.

I suggest reading the documentation on the objects (SU21) and the transactions (application help menu) and the FAQ thread.

Cheers,

Julius