cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Number of Workflows in CUP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know, that how many workflows we require (approx) to configure in CUP with following scenario.

1. One SAP system & One Non SAP system

2. Modules -- FI, SD, MM, PP

3. Approvers are module based. Also there is only one region. Hence, only one set of approvers.

4. All Four components of GRC are configured and are integrated

Thanks

Qalid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank you very much for quick reply!! Probably I was not clear with my concern.

I have installed, configured & integrated all the 4 Access Controls capabilities. I am aware about technicalities of CUP for workflow. I am with view that, with GRC the manual efforts that security team puts to support the compliant provisioning wil now be automated (Various scenarios like approvals, sod violations and all HCM process etc)

I also understand, this depends on the SAP Landscape, Approval Matrix, spread of business.

I am trying to evoluate approximate number of workflows (Initiators) that I have to create for this with smallest scenario of One SAP & Non SAP system, 4 modules (One approver per module) & Single region. Can we evoluate this???? (Approximate Value)

I need this, as I have to suggest this to the client.

Thanks guys,

Qalid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may require about 10 initiators for both SAP and non-sap:

1. Creation of user ID

2. Deletion of user ID

3. Role addition

4. Password reset

5. Unlocking account

You may check if the role addition is done in non-sap system also.

Rgds,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Qalid,

The workflows are basically created based on the initiators as mentioned in the previous reply. If you have more regions and wish to have approver per individual region, you may need to create multiple workflows.

Also, note that there are 2 stages minimum required for all the initiators except deletion of user ID. The 2nd stage lies with the Security Manager. Based on the business requirement, you may have multiple stages too.

Hope this answers.

Rgds,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Qalid,

I think you are looking for how many workflow paths that you will need to configure, according to the condtions specified.

They all will be of workflow type CUP.

Please note that workflow path depend upon the clients requirement, if the approval proces changes, like two stage or three stage approval, that u need to configure different paths.If all module have same for eg three approval process like manager -> RoleOwner of module -> security. than u will only need one path.

Remember we need to configure the initiator first, than associate a path to this initiator.

Kind Regards,

Srinivasan