Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost center entry for WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a scenario where in the WBS is an investment measure linked to the AUC

Here in the assignments tab of the WBS element we have assigned a profit center as manadatory field.

This field is influencing on entries to WBS.

But the client wants it as a costs center wise entry through WBS.

It makes no sense to input the cost center field in the WBS tab as such the field makes no impact in entries through WBS since WBS is also a cost object

But we will also not be able to settle it since we do the settlement completely to the AUC not any other cost object

Kindly comment

Is there any way the entry through WBS can be linked to the cost center entry?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

make the wbse as statistical, so that wbse and cost center linkage will be possible.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will it hamper my scheduling if i change the WBS to statistical?

Is it sensible to keep both the entries of profit center and cost center in the WBS?

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there will be no affect on scheduling if you change the wbse to statistical. Once if you change the wbse to statistical

wbse doesn't carry any actual cost and actuals will book against the costcenter. here wbse acts as informative purpose.

regards,

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear, If you make the WBSE as statistical, then it cannot be linked to an AUC and it cant be an investment measure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly

The settlement cant be done to cost center hence I cannot post the costs.

If i make the WBS statistical then I will not be able to make any settlement.

Thanks for all your replies

I have now convinced the client for a WBS-cost center- actual costs reporting as the scenario is not possible in SAP

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use a CO- Line Item Substitution to populate the Resp Cost Centre (WBS element) in all the postings that happen against the WBS element. Real postings happen against WBS element and statistical against the Cost Centre.

Regards

Sreenivas

Answers (0)