cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice with negative net value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have an issue where billing document was created with negative value because of the incorrect incoterms. Could someone please let me know how SAP allows invoice with a negative value? Is there any way by which this can be avoided. I would expect it to raise a red flag while creating the invoice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't remember how this was fixed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the Billing type if the Negative posting tick exists...

thanks

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

It is possible for the invoice to have a negative net value. This is possible in SO also.That means that either the price details are incorrectly maintained in VK11.

I think there is a way in FI to prevent account postings if the value of the invoice is less than 0. This can be done through field group settings in FICO. You may have to discuss about this with the FI consultant to enable this.

If you want to disable such scenario in SO and in invoice, you have to do it either by means of incompletion procedure or by means of enhancement in user exit.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have few queries

a) What Pricing Type is maintained in copy control VTFL ??

b) How about sale order price ??

c) Whether the condition type is manual or automatic in V/06 ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Here are the details.

1) The pricing type is "G".

2) The net value of the over all document is not negative. But yes, few line items have negative net value and seperate billing document is created for each line item.

3) The condition is automatic, it is determined from the condition records.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Swetha,

I have found the same problem that in Down Payment has one item is negative value but the net total is not negative value.

So that I couldn't create the Final Invoice. So I would like to know that could you create the Final Invoice in this case?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Sincerely,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check in sales order if the value is negative if yes then check if in item category if "ren" field is checked, it should be unchecked.

If it is only showing in billing document and not in sales order then probably try checking copy controls