cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform : White font letters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have got a requirement to print Item table heading line with Black background color and Heading letters font color should be white.

I'm able to print Black background, but heading letters are not printing in white.

I have created a Character format using Smartstyles with font color White, I can see the white font and black ground in print preview but not in print.

This something to do with printer controls or in Smartform.

Can you please suggest on this.

Thanks,

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have cheated a little bit to solve this problem : I don't use white font, but light gray. People have not noticed it and it works !

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the print of white text on black background.If you use a PCL device type like e.g HPLJ4000, usually this doesn't work for a black&white printer. The reason is that the printer cannot handle color information, it will convert all colors (including 'white') to 'black'.

What you can do here is that you use postscript device type POST2 and set the 'Color Printer' flag in the output device in SPAD. Usually in Postscript mode the printers can handle the color information.

Another possibility is that you print via a Windows system and device type SAPWIN. Again, usually colors can be used.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aidan,

I have changed Device type to : POST2 and I'm able to print successfully now.

We are using the same printer for printing some other forms, Is this Device type change affects other print programs?

Appreciated your help

Kishore

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

it is posible that you might have some issues as per the following SAP Note:

183948 - Standard print on PCL-5,PostScript,SAPWIN

I'm afraid you will have to test and see. It is also possible to create a separate output device for the same printer using a different device type in SPAD.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

It is also possible to create a separate output device for the same printer using a different device type in SPAD.

This means we can create the copy of the Output device for the same printer with different device type right?

I didn't find an option for Copy in SPAD.

Can you please explain on this

Appreciated your help

Thanks,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

what you need to do is to invert your output at certain parts, as printers can not print white due to missing the color.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestions.

Can you explain more on this?

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure you have proper printer drivers instaled and secondly if u want some colours to be printed in SPAD you have color print option checked.

Nabheet