cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with installation of MINI SAP Basis system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have just tried to install the Mini SAP Basis System that was attached to the book "ABAP Objects" of SAP Press second edition.

My operating system is Windows XP Home Edition.

Unfortunately the installation stops at an very early stage showing the following error message:

"Error: CENTRDBINSTANCE_NT_IND SubstituteVariables 2 217

The official name of hostname SAMSUNG is Samsung. Please check your DNS configuration and insert an entry in etc\hosts."

I do not know what could be the possible reason. My entry in the file hosts is as follows:

localhost 127.0.0.1

Samsung 10.10.0.10

I know that the entries are case sensitive so this should be not the root cause for this problem. I have also installed the MS loopback adapter.

I would be very thankful for any help or advice!

Thank you very much in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Put the following entries in etc/hosts file :-

127.0.0.1 localhost

10.10.0.10 Samsung SAPTRANSHOST

And Let me know whether it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think ur computer name is in capital letter, and u entered the name in hosts file in small letter, please enter the host name in host file in capital letter.

hope it will help u

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Subhash Chandra,

thank you very much for your answer.

I have checked the entries again, the letters are the same for the computer name as well as for the entry in the file hosts.

I have tried many settings but the error message stays the same. Any more hints?

Thank you very much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems to like a problem with host name. did u enter any where the name in capital letter or r u using any symbol in the computer name. if no then ok

just check one more thing. In the etc\hosts file when u entered the hostname check that is it excluded by # symbol or not. just press enter after the entry of localhost then enter ur host name in last, sometimes it not detect the last entry of that file.

May be it help

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I have tried to delete all entries in the file "hosts" and retyped them afterwards.

Now this step works! I was very amazed;)

But unfortunately the next problem already appeared:

At step 35% of the overall installation process the following error occurs:

Error: DBCOMMONDBENV_IND_MSS InstallationDo 2 416

Phase failed.

Error: Main {} 2 416

Installation aborted.

What could be the reason?