cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns Processing using Inbound delivery transaction VL31N or BORGR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

Our business Requirement is to use VL31N /BORGR to process the return deliveries .

The Standard Functionality of this transaction is restricted to manage the Inbound Processing (Deliveries from Suppliers u2013 Document Category u20187u2019 (Shipping Notification) .

My question is can we enhance the SAP code to process the retuns delivery .

Is it possible to achieve this functionality via Customizing .

If anyone had such business requirement and if you a solution for this please help << Moderator message - Everyone's problem is important >>.

Regards,

Rupa

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Oct 19, 2010 3:25 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which kind of return delivery are you speaking about?

- returns to vendor --> you can create delivery for such returns (e.g. mvt 161, 122). After having created the delivery (e.g. in MIGO, VL01B - it varies), transactions VL02N, VL03N can be used to process the delivery

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/a5/63351643a211d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

- retuns from customer --> you can manage it via delivery (return SO --> return delivery (VL01N))

Please sepcify your question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Which kind of return delivery are you speaking about?

Yes the deivery is return to vendor .

Yes we will be create the return delivery using VL01N with reference to returns Sales Order .

But after this oulbound deilvery is created Our business requirement to use BORGR transaction to process it further.

The BORGR transaction is used for Admin Goods reciept multi GR Posting and it used to handle only the inbound deliveries only .

I want to know is it possible to completly process the oubound deliveries using an inbound dleivery transaction if we modify the SAP code .

Just want to know if i modify the SAP code using enhancements will the existing SAP code of this program support such deliveries .

Regards ,

Rupa

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In case of returns to vendor transaction VL01N is not used directly, as per my best knowledge. You can use e.g. VL10B which will create the delivery in background, but not directly trx VL01N (in standard system).

In my opinion you should accept the standard solution, users should be able to learn two types of delivery - inbound and outbound.

I'm saying this because I guess it would not be very easy to adjust the stand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes sorry we will be using the VL10B which will create the returns outbound delivery in background .

Our intention was to do the outbound process in same fashion in which inbound process is handled in BORGR .

We have asked SAP whether they can support our business requirement .

Just waiting for their reply .

Thanks for your time and valuable help .

Regards,

Rupa