cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find latest Revison of material in table?

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We managed our material change with CO & revision.

Now I have requirement to prepare one report for material, in that report I ned latest rev & CO assigned to material.

Where can I find latest rev of materials in table. I know we can use table AEOI, but this table display all rev. I need only & only latest rev.

I have 38,000 materials handy, now I need to find latest rev of these 38,000 materials.

Please help.

Tom.

0 Kudos

Hi,

did you ever find a solution to this ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can export AEOI report to excel and sort the change date : Newest to Oldest and Vlookup to BOM number or Material number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bets way is to customize report for the same,logic should be for am material get the highest change number.(which indirectly means the highest rev for that material)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tom

Yes you can use the same table for this purpose.You can pass the material code in the object field and pick up the latest revision level entry in the table

Regards

Gajesh

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

but Gajesh, see my post. I have 38000 materials now, all materials managed with revision in SAP & they have multiple revision assigned.

Now how can I run table so system will saw me only latest revision b'se I can't run for 1 material at a time. I guess you clear ab't my concern now.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess the question would be is this a one time report or something ongoing?

If you can use MS Access you can create this report by downloading the AEOI table to access.

Then create a copy of the table structure only and set the key field as Material.

Set up a query to append the unique material numbers with the highest version number into the new table.

Modify the query and repeat with highest version number minus 1. Repeat until the version number is 1.

Once a material has been copied into the table, no further entries will be allowed because the material number is the key filed. You should wind up with a table containing the information you want.

You might be able to do this with a single query by using the MAX fuction on version number field.

Once you create this, it should be easy to throw in some macros, add a button to a form, and be able to repeat the process at any time with the click of a button.

If you need to do this in SAP, you'd have to create a Z table, have an ABAP'er write the correct query to copy over the records from the AEOI table and than base reports on this Z table.

FF