cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty Claims management in ECC6.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks..

I am working on warranty Claims work bench in ECC6.

In trying to build up a demo scenario, I have encountered the following problem.

I have been able to create Incoming customer version/ out going customer and out going re-imburser version.

I have been able to create a credit memo request as well as a debit memo request.

What I find is: the credit memo request , though being created , does not copy the net amount form the warranty claims document.

On further analysis I discover that the the pricing procedure that has been used for the warranty claims data is being disregarded . The pricing procedure that the system uses is the one form the SD configurations.

What I also find that the pricing procedure that was defined in the warranty claims configuration node can not be assigned in the SD configurations . This is because of the different applications ("V" sales and "RW" warranty).

Alternatively, can an SD credit memo request be assigned to the warranty claims document , within the warranty claims configuration node ?

Would appreciate any inputs ..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have any config part and process of Warranty process.your help will be highly apprecialble

Regards

Sudip S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When the credit memo request is created during the claims procesing the price structure does not flow from Warranty application (RW) to sales and distribution application (V).

You can consider to write a routine for alternative calcuation in SD and then utilize this in your pricing procedures used.

As suggested by Mr. Chandrashekhar, you go in for direct FI posting for credit to customer. However when considering the configuration of reversal of credit to customer use the functional module wty03_reversal_post_xx in your Z-action. As the standard reversal action does not support the reversal of cleared accounting documents.

The mentioned FM checks first whether the claim's accounting document is cleared, if cleared enters a new debit else reverses the old document.

Hope this info would be helpful

Thanks and Regards

Madhusudan C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dillep

You post accounting documents directly to FI in Warranty/claims. I don't think you create Credit/Debit memo request.

That FI document type you can see in T code 'owty'- Define Warranty Claim Types activity

In the standard it is WP, for warranty credit. And this will take the value from the claim.

I am not sure what process you used and what credit memo (Accounting document type) you created. Normally you post a claim to accounting by an action like A040, A041 etc.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks..

I am referring toi the action A102 that is supposed to create a credit memo request.

The syatem is indeed creating a credit memo but with a zero value. Apparently , it is using a pricing prodcedure that was determined based on the SD configurations . On the other hand the warranty claim document itself has its pricing procedure .

Is that the reason why the credit amount is zero..even though the claim verison does have a value >>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that is the reason. Action A102 has a Function Module WTY04_CREATE_CREDITMEMO_REQ which does the actual creation and it is normally hard coded with the document type to be used. May be you can change it to ensure that the pricing procedure of Warranty claim is used, but I doubt if it will get the pricing data still.

But like I said at my current customer we don't use this action but the ones I mentioned before.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have any config part and process of Warranty process.your help will be highly apprecialble

Regards

Sudip S