Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patching SAPinst 701_1

baby_fabrice
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm installing Solution manager and i have see that we had to patch sapints.

In the note 929929 there is a list on instruciton.

I haven't start the installation

On part 1 : It s the download phase.

I have download the file SAPINST7011_1-20003664.SAR. Like i haven't any SAP instance i can't use SAPCAR in order to extract the file....how can i extract it?

Part2:If you have not yet started the installation, create a new

installation directory.

Is that mean that i have to create the folder C:\programfile\sapinst_instdir manually ? And all sublevels SAPinst create usually?

I don't understand how to do.

Thx for your help.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I haven't start the installation

On part 1 : It s the download phase.

I have download the file SAPINST7011_1-20003664.SAR. Like i haven't any SAP instance i can't use SAPCAR in order to extract the file....how can i extract it?

Download SAPCAR from the following path and then use it to uncar the downloaded file.

http://service.sap.com/swdc

Support Packages and Patches

My Companys Application Components

SAPCAR

Part2:If you have not yet started the installation, create a new installation directory.

Is that mean that i have to create the folder C:\programfile\sapinst_instdir manually ? And all sublevels SAPinst create usually?

Yes,create a installation directory and then copy the extracted files there. Later execute sapinst.exe <path to the original SAPinst on the CD>/product.catalog and then proceed with the installation.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

baby_fabrice
Participant
0 Kudos

Thx for your reply Varadhu.

Yes,create a installation directory and then copy the extracted files there. Later execute sapinst.exe <path to the original SAPinst on the CD>/product.catalog and then proceed with the installation.

=> i copy the extracted file in C:\programfile\sapinst_instdir, i run the command ( i supose it will made modification on the oraginal sapinst (the one witch came from DVD) and after i start the installation with the sapinst.exe (sapinst from DVD patched)

I'm right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once u have created the installation directory and extracted the files, execute the SAPINST using the following command

sapinst.exe <path to the original SAPinst on the CD>/product.catalog

where <path to the original SAPinst on the CD> is the path of the SAPINST where the original installation master is available.

Hope this clarifies. Mark the thread as answered if this has answered ur concerns.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. You can download sapcar.exe from the marketplace:

Support Packages and Patches -> A-Z Index -> S -> SAPCAR -> (pick your version)

2. The installation directory is where all log files and temp space is used for the installation. There are guidleines in the guide for disk space required, directory structure, etc.