cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know the class method behind an enterprise service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP has provided enterprise services for Room booking in Real Estate module. They are even shipping the complete application for a nominal price. But the standard version is not suitable for our client requirement so they want to develop this application inhouse.

Now my question is: I know the enterprise services used in this application. How to know the implementing methods behind these enterprise services ?

If possible suggest which approach will be a better option for the inhouse development.

1. Webdynpro ABAP and use directly methods behind the enterprise services.

2. Webdynpro ABAP and create client proxy class for the enterprise services.

3. Webdynpro JAVA and use the enterprise services.

4. Using visual composer modelling the application.

Please suggest the best alternative.

Best Regards,

Aleem Mohiuddin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

They are even shipping the complete application for a nominal price. But the standard version is not suitable for our client requirement so they want to develop this application inhouse.

I assume you are talking about xApps.

How to know the implementing methods behind these enterprise services ?

In sproxy transaction you can search service and then you can see class and method implemented behind that particular service.

1. Webdynpro ABAP and use directly methods behind the enterprise services.

In my opinion not recommended to bypass ES and use method behind it.

2. Webdynpro ABAP and create client proxy class for the enterprise services.

Not sure why you want to create proxy of ES.

3. Webdynpro JAVA and use the enterprise services.
4. Using visual composer modelling the application.

You can use either Webdynpro (ABAP or Java) or VC to model your application which consume ES in backend. Both options are good, you can chose Java or ABAP flavor of dynpro based on skill available in team. VC is very effective in rapid modelling and can be used in protyping or in development of complete application.

Regards,

Gourav