cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to read Hex data format for Handheld device. (SAP AII RFID )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we developed a custom screens for packing, unpacking, tag commission.. etc for handheld device for my client. the Serial number field type is /ain/barcode. Its working fine. but for the new system need to read the Hex format. I created a new field in the screen. but the handheld device is not reading the Serial number in Hex format.

Could anyone suggest me how to read Hex data in Handheld devices. We are using Motorola MC9090 Series.

Regards,

Kamal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kamal,

I dont know about this process. But we have requirement to develop some custom screen in sap and integrate them with handheld device.You can put some light on this by giving me some information.

Thanking Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you using the reader to read an RFID tag or for reading barcodes.

Ideally, if you read an EPC Gen2 RFID tag, for example, the 96 bit encoded EPC is read and that can be converted to its equivalent HEX format for posting the observation to SAP AII.

In case of barcodes, the string is read as is printed on the barcode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwin,

Standard SAP providing convert into HEX format. The main problem I am facing is with FNC codes. We have FNC codes exist in RFID Tag. When I scan with mobile the FNC codes are not appearing/capturing in SN field. Is there any config to go this?

Thanks,

Ram