cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Increase Bar Code width ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am printing a Bar code and I am getting its width depending upon size of data .

I am using CODE 128 and I am passing 854540008700547878 .

I want to fix the bar code width 9cm ..Currently I am using 6cm width and 150 height .

And If I increase the width more than 6cm then I got only charater 854540008700547878 not bar code.

Help wil be appriciated.

Regards

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot fix the Width for 1D barcode (Code 128), the width will increase/decrease based on number of letters/numbers you are going to print.

If you want to fix the barcode width you need to go far 2D barcode, like PDF417.

Regards

GK.

Edited by: Gnana Kumar on Oct 19, 2010 7:44 AM

former_member451655
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Create your own bar code type rather than using system Bar Codes , if the length of your code doesn't fit with the standards available under SE73 . There you can define your own sizes as per your requirement , If you have a stands logic ,for example production order type Z001 should be in 15 lengthy code , then put a condition in the smart form to facilitate it , like wise you could use different lengthy bar codes in single form .

I hope this is what you meant by your treat.

Good Luck .

Cheers ,

Dilum

anand_govardhan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

You can refer the following thread. It deals with the same issue. It might b helpful.

Regards,

Anand