cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P-card clarifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are implementing SRM 7.0 in decoupled mode. I have few clarifications about P-card process

1.What purchasing document is transmitted to the vendor? Is it a PO? Who triggers this document to vendor: requisitioner or purchasing department?

2.Does Purchasing document go through (i.e. is triggered by) purchasing department?

3.Is EDI required to trigger the purchasing document to vendor? Are there alternate means of transmitting purchasing document?

4.Is EDI required to receive bank statements? Are there alternate means of receiving statement

5.When bank sends the bank statement to SRM and is converted to idoc for posting to SRM, does it trigger an accounts posting? Are the following accounts posted?

u2022Clearing account debit

u2022Bank (set up as a vendor) account credit?

6.When does the offset postings happen, i.e. when does the following postings happen:

u2022Clearing account credit

u2022Expense account debit?

Rgds

Sumendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Our design is as follows:

1. ordering is done on phone with the user giving the vendor their P-card number.

2. The first system step is that p-card compant sends the card statement to SRM

3. P-card workflow is trigerred ( In this workflow, the requirement is to have 3 users - the P-card holder , the manager of the P-card holder , and the accounts payable person. The activities doen by each will be :

P-card holder : Change account assignments. Need to attach the receipts and other supporting documents to the workitem

Manager of the P-card holder: Just a business requirement

Accounts payable person : To monitor the account changes by the P-card holder

So I am reasking the questions:

1. If we use only the financial invoice process and not procurement process, is this desigh OK?

2. Can approval manager attach attachments when they get a workitem in P-Card workflow

3. Can P-card workflow pick up 3 approvers - P-Card holder, the manager, and the Finance person

Rgds

Sumendra

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also use Invoice Workflow.

What is the process when it is rejected? Is there any issue from compliance point of view?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

1. SAP hell says that workitem in the P-card workflow cannot be rejected, so there wont have any rejections applicable ( is it correct that P-card workflow cannot be rejected )?

2. Can attachements be done when the P-Card holder gets the workitem

3. Didnt understand what you meant by compliance issue?

Rgds

Sumendra

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

The standard scenario delivered by SAP is, SC with P-Card is approved before ordering. P-card workflow is verification that the user has ordered and received goods. But your case is no approval is made before ordering. It is too late to reject it after receiving P-Card statement. Is there any business reason you do not get approval before ordering?

You can attach document to workitem but not for P-card statement object.

Regards,

Masa

Edited by: Masa on Oct 26, 2010 8:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

There is no business justification for not ordering by using SC with approvals. It is the current process, and they want to retain it the same way

Have 1 more question. When using the P-Card statement approval workflow, I understand that we can configure 2 approvers for each P-Card. Instead of this , can we have 3 approvers - P-Card holder , Manager of the P-Card holder, and the FI person to have a final check of the account assignments ?

Rgds

Sumendra

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please look at the workflow template WS10000093 and WS10000100 in PFTC transaction. You can enhance workflow template.

There is no account assignment in P-Card statement. Please check BBP_PCSTAT01 in WE60 transaction. Account assignment is in P-Card master data side.

I think invoice workflow fits for your scenario.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa!

WF template "WS10000093" is right now two level approval. If we need another approval, do I need to enhance the same template by making a copy of it and enhancing the step 000014 for the rule 10000136 in function module BBP_PC_WFAGENTS. Right now ther are two case conditions, 01 and 02, will it okay if I put another case condition 03 and will it go to the third level.

Regards,

pavan.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can copy workflo wtemplate and enhance it. Please do not forget for updating event type linkage customizing. Your custom workflow template should be linked.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

1. Can approval manager attach attachements when they get a workitem in P-Card workflow

2. Can P-card workflow pick up 3 approvers - P-Card holder, the manager, and the Finance person

Rgds

Sumendra

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which process are you talking about? ( requesting P-Card?, creating SC? checking P-Card statement? Invoice is posted?) I guess the process is checking P-Card statement.

Please look at the workflow template WS10000093 and 10000100 in PFTC transaction.

>1. Can approval manager attach attachments when they get a workitem in P-Card workflow

I'm not clear the role for your "approval manager". Workitem goes to P-Card holder and his manager has nothing to do. Manager has already approved his request when SC is created.

Attachment function is available in SAP Business Workflow side.

>2. Can P-card workflow pick up 3 approvers - P-Card holder, the manager, and the Finance person

You can copy workflow template and enhance it. I think 3 steps approval is not required for checking P-Card statement level.

Manager has given approval when SC is created. Finance person is going to approve when Invoice is posted.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have resolved all the above questions , but need 2 more clarifications:

1. Consider the scenario that ordering is not done through the system , but manually on the phone. When the bank statement comes, will it hav ethe requistioner's name etc on it.

2. How does the bank send the bank statement to SRM , through EDI?

Sumendra

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

>1. Consider the scenario that ordering is not done through the system , but manually on the phone.

>When the bank statement comes, will it have the requistioner's name etc on it.

How are you going to validate what have been ordered and who has received how many quantity?

I think your scenario is just financial invoice process and not procurement process.

The key information will be P-Card number, reference PO number and invoice amount.

>2. How does the bank send the bank statement to SRM , through EDI?

P-Card statements are sent to ERP via EDI or XML and invoice is created as park. ERP transfers those to SRM for validation via IDoc BBP_PCSTAT01. Validation workflow starts in SRM. When it is approved, Invoice status is updated and posted in ERP.

Regards,

Masa