cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function Module Undefined during message mapping.

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Scenario is Idoc to Multiple Files without any condition i have to drop 2 files at the 2 differient directories of FTP,

So we are using PI 7.1 and in the Message Mapping using Signature Tab we have added 2 Target messages and at the source we have used the IDOC.

When we see the structure under Definition Tab in Message Mapping, We are facing the below error

"FUNCTION MODEL UNDEFINED"

So can anyone suggest what could be the problem, do i need to change any occurence in the signature tab for the message types else what shuld i do to get the structures in the Definiton Tab.

Please suggest how to approach this..

Thanks,

--Kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My Scenario is Idoc to Multiple Files without any condition i have to drop 2 files at the 2 differient directories of FTP,

1. Use multi mapping - /people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

2. use two different inbound interfaces, and do two different interface determination without conditions for the same receiver determination

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a bug.

For multi-mapping you have to assign messages only in signature tab. You cannot change the signature later, as PI will throws this error message.

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Its throwing error in the definition tab i couldn't see the structures to map, i have declared the message types in the Signature tab so while seeing the structure in the defi nition facing this error..

Thanks,

--Kishore

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

report to SAP.

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

If we delete all the message types and reimport it again the existing mapping is lost and even this error is not getting i am able to see the structures...

Need Clarification:

Is there anyworkaround to do the mapping without loosing the existing mapping.

Thanks,

--Kishore.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you can store the mapping partially as mapping template and create a new mapping based on that template.

I have not tried so far.