cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing local demo.sap.com SC into NWDI-Track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

we locally created a Prototype in demo.sap.com. How can I copy the Prototype's DCs to a new SC within a NWDI-Track and its corresponding Development Configuration?

When using copy/paste the DCs are still organized in the demo.sap.com-SC which seems to be faulty.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thunder_feng
Active Participant
0 Kudos
shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kai Meder,

I would request you to provide some more details like the Version details of your server...

Following are the steps that you need to follow for the migration of local developments to NWDI-Track (for in CE 7.1 EHP1 SP01)

1) First make sure all the DCs of local developments are getting built successfully.

2) create a Software Component in SLD and add all the required dependencies.

3) if you are not sure which dependenies to add, then you can check the required dependencies by following steps...

- goto the Development Infrastructure perpective of your studio.

- expand your Local Development and click on the desired DC and open the component properties

- goto Dependencies, here you'll see the list of depencies.

- one by one mouseover to each of these dependent DCs and find out under which SC it is present (basically notedown the Containing SC)

4) Now once you have the list of containing SCs, you have to add the same SCs as the build time dependencies in Track SC from SLD.

5) then Open CMS and goto Check-In tab and check-in the same list of dependencies.

6) Goto Development tab & Import the same.

7) Repeat the same thing in Consolidation tab.

😎 Now import the track configuration in you developer studio, select all the DCs that you want to migrate in Local development and paste it in the NWDI Track SC.

9) Once the copy operation is over, select any single DC and open the Permissions under the component properties.

10) Remove the Reference MyComponent (demo.sap.com) if present, instead add your track SC reference there.

Please follow the above mentioned steps and revert with your findings.

hope this will help you to resolve your issue.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally I have problems when copying DCs from Local Development to a Development Configuration: NWDS 7.20 does not open a new Activity for this import, it seems to ignore the fact, that DCs were added to the DevConf SC. Any idea how to force that the copied DCs are appended to an Activity?

The second problem are the automaticall generated public parts and dependencies of CAF-DCs, is there any documented way how to change what when migrating to NWDI?

Thanks.

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out the below thread which gives you all the details:

/thread/1663196 [original link is broken]

Hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Kai Meder,

Even if you copy paste you local DCs inside NWDI Track SC, still it cannot be said to have associated with the Source Control system, still those DCs are purely local to your machine and are noways associated with the Centralized repository. This can only be achieved by putting your entire DC inside some activity.

Please follow the below mentioned steps...

1) When you copy and paste your Local DC into an NWDI-SC,

2) after that right click the DC that you have just pasted inside NWDI-SC, and select "Add to Source Control" option.

3) Immediately the Activity creation popup will be displayed, give the name of the activity and create it,

4) Once the activity is created you can Check-In that activity, as a result of which your entire DC will now be available in DTR_Inactive_Dev workspace,

5) Now other developers can also load the same DC into their machines.

6) After activation the same DC will now be available in DTR_Active_Dev workspace.

7) CBS_Buildspace_Dev will be updated with latest sources available in DTR_Active_Dev workspace.

😎 After Releasing and importing the activities in consolidation import queue from CMS web UI, the same DC will now be available in DTR_Inactive_Cons & DTR_Active_Cons workspaces.

9) and CBS_Builspace_Cons will be updated with latest sources available in DTR_Active_Cons workspace.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for clarifying the problem regarding Source-Control.

I have another problem: The DC remains unchanged during copy-paste which means the local DC "demo.sap.com" is copied into the NWDI/DTR-SC with the same name "demo.sap.com" which will clash with the reserved names and the general naming guidelines of the NWDI. Ultimately resulting in failure when checking in or executing the build-process.

So, is it possible to copy the contents of a DC into NWDI/DTR without keeping the local DC-structure?

E.G.

LocalDevelopment/demo.sap.com/*  ->  com.company/mydc1/*

Thanks alot!

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Kai Meder,

I didn't really get the clear picture of your question, please clarify one thing that,

Are you just presuming about the problem of name reservation that you may face in the future?

OR are you actually facing the problem?

If you are really facing the problem, then please provide following details...

1) The error description which gets generated as a result of build failure or activity check-in failure process.

2) What is the type of your DC? (E.g. DC of type Webdynpro, Dictionary DC, EJB DC etc...)

3) Please let me know have you followed the STEP-9 and STEP-10 mentioned in my first reply properly or not?

One more thing is that...

When you copy the DC from Local Development Environment "MyComponents" to Track-SC, you do not have to worry about, "Inside which namespace this DC resides" because, the identical project structure will also be created automatically for the copied DC in centralized environment too.

If you want to go with the General Naming Guidelines of NWDI, then i would recomend that, at the the time of DC creation itself you put it in the desired name space in your Local Environment and then copy it to Track-SC.

Alsogo through the following thread it may be helpful.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

My problem is that the local DC demo.sap.com is copied to a new NWDI-SC and I am not able to change the name and namespace of that copied DC, so it ultimately remains "demo.sap.com".

On the one hand, this is no proper naming, on the other the naming-server of the NWDI-checkin process is complaining.

The type of DC does not matter, but I am experimenting with CAF and WebDynpro. Of course I changed the DC-dependencies as explained in your steps 9 and 10 but this only affects the build-process not the general problem of DC-naming.

Thanks for your help.

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kai Meder,

I am afraid to say that changing the namespace of a DC is not possible, because namespace is an integral part of the DC itself. Right from the moment when you create a DC, you are forced to provide the Package Name (Namespace) in which your DC will be residing. All the classes and interfaces that are generated by WebDynpro framework as a result of DC creation process, will be inheriting this namespace.

However, as a workaround you can create a new DC with your desired namespace, and then copy the contents from your existing DC. During this process youu2019ll be asked to change the namespace of the individual objects being copied.

You can then copy this new DC to your NWDI Track SC, which will reflect the desired namespace inside your track.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Kai Meder,

Did you manage to resolve the issue?

If yes, then i would request you to mark the thread as answered.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya