cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors in TMS after system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

I've just completed succesfully a client copy from PRD to QAS & reconfigured the transport routes.

I did the post system copy activities as shown below

1. Logon on to client 000 of the newly COPIED system with DDIC.

2. Execute transaction SE06

3. Select the Database Copy or migration option

4. Press the Post-installation Processing button.

5. When prompted Do you want to re-install the CTS? Press the Yes button

6. When prompted for the Source System of Database Copy?, make sure that the <SID> of the production system is selected. Press the checkmark button to continue.

7. When prompted Change originals from PRD to QUA?, press the Yes button

8. When prompted Delete TMS Configuration?, press the Yes button

9. When prompted Delete old TMS configuration?, press the Yes button

*10. When prompted Delete Old Versions of transport routes?, press the No button

Howver my developers are getting the errors below when working in DEV system. Its worth noting I didn't make any changes to the DEV system during or after the system copy

Object Checks

Object messages: R3TR PROG ZMM_SHIPPERS_GLOBAL_LE

Transport objects from package ZMMS to target QAS only

Error In Object Editing:

Choose a change request with target system QAS

Kindly assist

Thanking you

Edited by: Andale J on Oct 18, 2010 2:52 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andale,

Can you kindly let me know the reason for pressing "YES" for the following step during STMS config ?

-

7. When prompted Change originals from PRD to QUA?, press the Yes button

-

When you press "YES" the system throws a message informing about the effects of this step.

I guess this might be causing an issue....

Regards,

Hari Kishan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Non-sense... After a System Copy you should replace originals with SE06

@ Andale

You can check the target system of your request... go to SE10 -> Select request -> properties and check the target system, if its not QAS then your can edit it.

Regards

Juan

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

did u check the rfc connections and try to have a look all the rfc connection according to the target systems are configured correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I Suppose they are trying to use Local change request , set the target for that request number as QAS and then do the changes it shud work , or release the existing request and create new one with QAS as target .

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andale your steps are correct but sometimes it does not work..So I would suggest to follow the below steps:

Execute tcode STMS & then type dico,You will get the entire list.Delete it & then check..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan

I deleted all the 3 systems from the transport routes & reconfigured afresh using a the standard 3 system landscape

I succesfully tested by

1) adding an entry into a table & transporting across the landscape

2) creating a role & transporting across the landscape

The two tests above worked well

The only problem is the errors mentioned earlier that are being encountered by the developers in the DEV system

Sunil

I 've restored the previous versions as per your instructions. Just waiting for the develpers to give feedback

Thanks guys

Edited by: Andale J on Oct 18, 2010 4:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil

The errors still recur even after restoring the last version of TMS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your STMS has no warning. If possible you can also restore old version of your STMS route (working before system copy) STMS --> overview --> transports routes --> Configuration --> get other version.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to STMS in your domain controller and check the system status in the overview, you may need to delete the system and re-add it to the domain and redistribute the transport route

Regards

Juan