Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA Request Session Data

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

i've set up EWA Monitoring from Solman on a 3 systems landscape last week and eveything was working fine until today. I had at least a report for everyone of the 3 systems. Today, my quality system QA1 did not have its report - as its supposed to be done every monday.

When i check SDCCN of QA1 i see that there is a Task called 'EarlyWatch Alert for Solution Manager' and that it has status Task In Progress. When checking Log; here is what i see

18.10.2010 04:15:41 Data collection started for session 0100000000106 EWALERT SolMan

18.10.2010 04:15:41 > New data collection triggered using reference session TSKR000000002

18.10.2010 04:15:41 > Searching for session data back to 20101018000100 ( 0 day(s) back)

18.10.2010 04:15:41 Session download data requested using task 0000001444 by SOLMAN_ADMIN

How come my last task stayed frozen ...

Is there any specifi job to check using SM37 on QA1?

Please Help on this

Regards

Khalil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are facing issue only with a perticular server, then please go to SMSY--> check your RFC connections are working fine,

Especially with back RFC, if every thing seems to be okay,

What is the output of (RTCCTOOL) on satillite system ?

some times the background jobs may get scheduled on a backward date, please lookin to you account with the correct dates.

Please try to re-create EWA.

Logon with userID that you want to use for SDCCN jobs.

Deactivation: SDCCN-> Goto -> Settings -> TaskProcessor

Switch to change mode and push 'Deactivate' button and save.

-Activation: SDCCN-> Utilities->Activate

After this, please check the job scheduling and job user of

/BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR to ensure successful reactivation.

Go to > DSWP>operation setup>Settings for Monitoring with SAP EarlyWatch Alert/EarlyWatch Alert for Solutions>select your qas server and change the date of EWA from default monday to the next following date itself so that you can see the out put, by tommorow itself.

Regards

JUDE

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

pls troubleshoot using this guide

[EWA setup guide 7.0|https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001873212008E]

jansi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There

Please refer to the url http://service.sap.com/ewa for all your query.

Best Regards

Jai Wardhan

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

If the SDCCN task is just halted and there is nothign in the log to indicate an error, it could be that Jude has already advised

you should restart the task processor....otherwise i should time out and give some error in the SDCCN task log. The fact that you indicate it does nothing, is active, but does nothing, indicates the task processor may have halted.

Are you able to run any other SDCCN tasks, say a refresh service definitions? A refresh is harmless, but will test if there is an issue with the task processor.

Regards,

Paul

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jude,

thanks for your answer but my problem is not on Solman Side since i can see the other EWA reports. As said in my previous post i have the impression that problem comes from specific EWA Task in Managed System

Khalil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Khalil

You need to schedule a back ground job to tirgger a EWA report, Please go through this SAP note, which says how to schedule a background job.

Note 894279 - Background processing in SAP Solution Manager

Regards

JUDE.