cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learning SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all

my education background is MCA and i am working as a Programmer in VB,VB.NET,Sql Server,ASP,ASP.NET

i want to learn SAP can anybedy suggest me which modules and what is good for me to learn where i can start

as i know in SAP

BASIS

Functional

Consultant

i not know what this

pls i am kindly requesting to suggest me

Thank You very much

Mohammed Aslam

mdaslamknl@yahoo.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aslam,

Welcome to the SAP world.

As a developer, you might be having experience working with a RDBMS also.

As you already have the development experience, i suggest you to learn ABAP.

All the Best in your future endeavours.

• Kindly follow the best practice of awarding the reward points.*******

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a trained fresher in SP BW / SAP SD with 12 years of domain experience in marketing and management of various products/services. For the last three months, I am trying for a job as a fresher NOT ADOPTING TO ANY OTHER experience METHOD, even quitting my job, since I felt it was distracting my love towards SAP. I had included my profile in all the jobsite but I have not received even a single call except for calls from training institutes.

IS IT DIFFICULT TO SEARCH JOB AS A FRESHER in SAP?

DO ANY COMPANIES TAKE TRAINED FRESHER IN INDIA? pls help..

I understand this is not the forum to discuss this issue, but I felt this is a forum where genius meet. Please advice & suggest...

jerry_raj2003@yahoo.com

Regards.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

im venu,completed masters in electrical engineering.I want to learn SAP,what will be the best option for me in SAP,as im completely unaware of this field and concepts,is this field a tough option for me?? can you suggest me something..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I hate to tag this post onto another one, but for some reason the website would not allow me to post a new thread.

My question is a really basic one but I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere else: In SAP R/3, how do I enable the feature where a data field will remember entries from other sessions as I'm typing them in. For example, I enter account# 155200 into field "Account", then the next day, I go to the same transaction, and when i click on that field and begin typing, as soon as I hit the "1" key, 155200 will be displayed in a drop-down box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I seem to remember it being a parameter ID option under user profile, but I don't remember which one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Three types of consultants are there in SAP.

1. Function Consultant is a person who interacts with the users, gathers requirements and design a Functional Specification Document.

2. Technical Consultant is an ABAPer/Developer prepares a Technical Specification Document and builds the code/program using the Functional Specification Document given by the Functional Consultant.

3. Basis Consultant is a person who is similar to a Administrator.He configures,installs patches,moves transport requests from one system to other etc.

To become a Functional Consultant, one need to have the domain knowledge.Example: CA can become a Finance Module Functional Consultant.

To become a Technical Consultant, one need to have some programming knowledge.

To become a Basis Consultant, one need to know about the system architectures etc.

For your case, I think you can first become a Technical Consultant (ABAPer).ABAP is the programming language used in SAP.The person who writes the ABAP code is called as Technical Consultant or ABAPer.

Hope this helps.

Reward if this information is useful to you.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrinivasa ,

I am also a fresher , just completed BE Computer Engg. I was also thinking of entering the SAP world.

I found the information provided by you very useful .

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

thanks for your valuable information regarding SAP ..

Regards

nick chow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas, thanks for breaking down the SAP career paths. It helps me with my decision process as well. I have a system administration background (MCSE) and would like to learn SAP. I guess Basis would be my natural choice here. Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi To All you SAP guys,

My name is Sujeet,I am a fresher and have been working for last two years in the field of programming,testing and Networking & Security.

I have done BCA and PGDBA(IT),I would like to know whether my profile suits for a SAP professional.

Srinivas's post is really helpful,but still I am little apprehensive regarding my profile whether it will suit the SAP or not.Also if possible suggest me some of the good institute from where I can persue SAP in India(specifically in Delhi & NCR),I know

about Siemens but its a very costly option.

I would like to know all you guys who are into now SAP profession how you people get into this field,is it via taking courses from any institute or e-learning.

What are the possiblity of ABAPer becoming a Techno-Functional Consultant?

How much it takes for ABAPer to become a Techno-Fuctional Consultant?

Regards

Sujeet(Thirst to join SAP professional group of today's era)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujeet,

I have done a course from an Institute from Delhi, believe they wouldnt teach you anything. I will adivse you to for either Siemens Delhi or from Mumbai one institute is there , those are official centers for SAP training though costly but manageable.

Yah for the frehsers there is some problem in getting a job those who(institute) say they will provide job are fake. If you want to have the knowledge of SAP i believe Hyderabad is best place for coaching still they nobody can guarantee the Job .

Thanks

Mohinder Singh Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nikil ,

My suggestion ABAP/BASIS is the best choice for a fresher

1.u have interested in Programming choose ABAP

2.Nor interested in programming choose BASIS

its ur turn to decide ur choice !

All the best

Reward points welcome

regards,

S.Rajeshkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better you can Learn ABAP , as you have Web Technologies Knowledge you can do EP also . I won't perfer the Functional Module Since you are a Techie.So start with ABAP read "ABAP in 21 Days" book , this will explain you the very basic things in ABAP.

Thanks,

Senthil N S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aslam,

Salaam

For your query, John Ta's refernce is the best in todays and for coming era. Where U will be required to know Netweaver technology. which is the latest and hot. but for that you will be required some hands on ABAP, the programming tool of SAP, also there is option to move in EP-developers/consultants.

for any query can reply back.

Bye

SHAH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

EP module is suitable for you.

Also get the feel of ABAP.

regards,

Deo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

go for sd module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Aslam,

U can better opt to study abap because its a technical part of sap..The basic requirement s u just need to know about rdbms and a language which u know so its easy also u dont neeed any experience for studying abap....well to ur next question basis is one department which controls the administration part and functional people are the ones who interact with the clients and frame how the project should be...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As far as your back ground is concerned i would advise you to go as an ABAPer.For this you have to choose any one domain like Finance,HR,SD,MM and get some process knowledge.

Regards

Muralidhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you are from the development background and having an indepth experience in the development, i will suggest you to move to do ABAP Development in SAP

All the best.

Best Regards,

Shriniwas Yannam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings Mohammed,

Welcome to the world of SAP! You've asked a very broad question. But you've come to the right place i.e. SAP Developer Network (SDN) where you can access learning material, ask questions in forums and download software to test out!

I do not know what industries (e.g. Retail, Gov't, High Tech, etc.) you will be working on. But no matter which area you find yourself, a good understanding of the SAP NetWeaver technology is always a good start. These are the product suite that is very hot now and will be used everywhere in whatever SAP modules you come across. You can start at this link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/netweaver

Read up on everything and start asking questions in the respective forums. Then you can go to the "SAP NetWeaver eLearning" link on the right for tutorial and lessons.

To apply what you learn, here is the latest information on Eval and Demo Versions of SAP Software for ISVs:

SDN 90 day eval of SAP NetWeaver 2004s:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/cfc19866-0401-0010-35b2-dc8158247fb6

Does this help?

Have fun!

John Ta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John Ta, Srinivasa,

I am new to SAP as well and was wondering if I should follow the same links and advice that you guys have given to the author of this thread.

My background is in computer science and for the last 5 years I have been working as Business Objects Developer and Administrator. The reason I am interested in SAP is ofcourse the sale of BOBJ to SAP. I know they are saying that BOBJ will be working independent of SAP but I think sometime in future they are going to integrate BOBJ in SAP in some way so I am just preparing myself for any future assignements, which might also require me to have some knowledge of SAP.

I was going through the information on different parts of SAP and its jungle out here to be honest. BOBJ seems much easier after going through SAP products list. Anyway I will appreciate any advice.

Thanks,