Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output file are not getting generated from XI

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to process file-XI-file. I am getting error when XI is converting the XML to text file:

Transfer: "BIN" mode, size 15889089 bytes, character encoding UTF-8

Start converting XML document content to plain text.

Attempt to process file failed with java.lang.Exception: ftp access error: java.lang.NullPointerException

Exception caught by adapter framework: java.lang.Exception: ftp access error: java.lang.NullPointerException

Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: java.lang.Exception: ftp access error: java.lang.NullPointerException.

Does anyone have idea why XI is not converting the file? How I can reprocess the file? It converts fine in Dev and QA but not in production. I already checked the mappings, adapter and interface settings. No clue why it does that.

Thanks for help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have access to ftp server from XI ? check this part once.

Also User Id /password and write access to the directory.

Regards,

Moorhy

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

I don't think the problem is with FTP connection or the file. Also, I don't think it is the file or user rights/permissions issue because the file is manually processed onto the FTP server with all read/write/execute rights.

I doubt it could be the mapping because the file gets processed fine from the sender interface but the receiver interface does not create output file from XML to flat text file.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Is SXMB_MONI shows Success ?

If so, then check the mapped data in SXMB_MONI ? is it as required ?

Then if you are not getting file output , then you need to see these 2 checks

1) Message Monitoring ( RWB->Message Monitoring->Message Display Tool->Audit Log)

2) Adapter Monitoring ( RWB->Component Montioring->Adapter Monitor)

As you are using COntent conversion , I think the problem is in content conversion. Test without content conversion i.e normal xml file.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you then try passing the same message (obtained by doing an export window in SXMB_MONI) in QA and ascertain that the message conversion happens properly in QA. So this way you can be sure that the problem only lies with the content conversion.

Rgds

RC

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to those who helped/replied. Closing this thread as no further replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the error, its not clear whether the error is because of the conversion from XML to file..looks like an FTP connection error.

Further since you say that the same communication channel settings (for Content conversion) worked fine in Dev and QA, the error could be because of FTP connection and not due to conversion. So it would be worthwhile to check the FTP connection parameters in your production environment.

Also you can take the same message from production and pass it through QA to make sure that the problem is not because of conversion.