cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Down List not working on ADOBE Interactive Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have an ADOBE interactive form embeded in ABAP Web Dynpro. There are fields with Drop Down List for standard search helps. These were working earlier. But after a Support Pack upgrade from 14 to 21, the same does not seem to work.

The whole form hangs and doee not allow any func

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

See note 999998, I assume you have to update the ZCI script.

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

Thank you for the response. We had gone through the note you mentioned earlier.

Precisely, when we tested our form for the first time after the SP upgrade, the form was not even loading completely. Meaning the form shows up in the browser but the hour glass remains in the running mode indefintely. As a resolution we found the note and updated the ZCI script via transaction SFP_ZCI_UPDATE and the problem was solved.

But, now we faced a new problem where in the form works fine as long as no DROP DOWN List value Help button is executed. As soon as we execute any of such button, a pop up comes with the results and upon selection the vlaue comes on the the form subsequently. But just after that every action button e.g. scrolling bars, submit button, standard adobe features everything are disabled.

Hope I am clear. If not, please let me know if I need to elaborate with screenshots.

@All : Please help in this regard.

Thanks,

Debabrata

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Debabrata,

You wrote

"As soon as we execute any of such button, a pop up comes up..."

Does this mean that a popup opens as soon as you click on the button with the triangle on the right side of the dropdown list box? A dropdown list box should never open a popup!

Try out this:

Start the test application WDR_TEST_ADOBE and navigate to testcase ZCI -> XML Interface -> Version 2 -> Edit DDLB:

You should see a form with 4 dropdown list boxes. If you click on the "triangle button" a list of values "drops down" below the field.

On the contrary, navigate to ZCI -> XML Interface -> Version 2 -> Edit ValueHelp: You should see a form with several input fields. There is a button labeled with a question mark next to each of the input fields. Click on one of these buttons: A popup (the Web Dynpro value help) comes up.

Ralf

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By the way: you ask for help (pretty often) but do not provide much. Why do you have 170 posts and 22 points? Maybe you could reconsider your approach before we help you? Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Otto,

Well honestly I do not have a good explaination. I do help at times. But yes not as active as I should have been. I can just ensure for future to be more active. Apologies.

Thanks & Regards,

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ralf,

Thanks for the reply.

We do have 4 options for Value Helps on the Native AWD library.

1) Enumerated Value Help Drop Down (no select)

2) Enumerated Value Help Drop Down

3) Value Help Drop-down List

4) Value Help (Button)

Now, we have used the 3rd option. Why? Because we wanted to pull down the current configured values from the backend. The enumerated value helps (1 & 2) do a pre-selection and will not give the current values (Kind of Static). WDR_TEST_ADOBE used only the enumerated options.

The field for which we need this is one of the field of a dynamic table on the interactive form. So 4th option is also ruled out.

This is the sequence we faced:

1) It used to work perfectly fine earlier when the Support Pack was 14.

2) The form did not load completely after the Support Pack upgrade to 21. So we had to update the ZCI scripts as per SAP Note 999998.

3) Now, after that everything else works but exactly the 3rd Option above for Value Help does not. However, we got a note that says perhaps this option is not supported at all. Refer SAP Note 1098009. How it was working then ? And what should we do now ? I think we have to raise an OSS now.

Thanks & Regards,

Deb

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Debabrata,

Sorry, but I have no idea how to help at the moment. The value help ddlb as well as dynamic tables in interactive forms are not supported for Web Dynpro ABAP, see note 1098009.

Perhaps you could make a client trace (see note 999998) and see what happens after clicking on the DDLB. Maybe there's a hint why it doesn't work...

Ralf