cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JControl hang in "Synchronizing binaries" during Central Instance install

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We were installing Central Instance of Netweaver7.0 EHP1 on a Windows 2003 server.

The database was on IBM Z/OS DB2.

Central service and DB instance were installed successfully. But when we installed the CI instance, the install program hang in stage "Start J2EE engine" and in SAPMMC, we found the "jcontrol.exe" were hang in "Synchronizing binaries".

The only log which had were still changing was "jvm_bootstrap.out", please see below for it's content:

-

Bootstrap MODE:

<INSTANCE GLOBALS>

determined by parameter [ID1559228].

-

Missing RunningMode property - runningin NORMAL mode.

Instance [ID1559228] will run in [NORMAL] mode, performing action [NONE]

Discovered property [instance.en.port] with value [3215] !

Discovered property [instance.en.host] with value [AXXPUECS] !

Synchronizing file [.\.hotspot_compiler].

...Synched ok!

Synchronizing file [..\..\SDM\program\.hotspot_compiler].

...Synched ok!

• Synchronizing native files...

ConfigurationManager: retry to connect to DB ...

It looked to me like a Database connective issue, but our DB2 people confirmed the DB was ok and they could see that DB were waiting for input from SAP's side. And the configtool can be opened.

Then I tried install a Dialog instance on another windows 2k3 server, but I got stuck at the same stage. Same errors.

Opened a message to SAP, but no solution till now. So I am trying here to see if anyone has a clue.

Thanks,

Jason

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It turns out to be a DB2 client version issue. Our DBA changed the db connection string and issue resolved.

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Login to host of CI server, goto command prompt and scroll down exe folder and run command.

R3trans -d

and let us know the error part of log trans.log.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Since you said the configtool connects fine but bootstrap is not able to connect, can you please check if all the parameters related to DB & Driver in bootstrap.properties are the same as the ones in config.properties from configtool directory?

Also, please check at the DB level how many connections it allows. Please increase the value if need be.

Also, please start the configtool and then try and connect to DB from some other external tool . Are you able to connect?

Best Regards,

Snehal

SAP / Palo Alto