cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender and Receiver Concepts in JMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know Sender Channel is used to receive message into PI from source system and Receiver Channel is used to send messages from PI.

Is this logic reversed in JMS? I got some screenshots from the existing client landscape and after looking at those I feel the concepts are reversed.

Can anybody please confirm?

Thank you,

Pankaj.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

There's no exception to that concept with the JMS Adapter.

The Sender Adapter is used for receiving Messages from a JMS queue into PI (Message Listener) and the receiver adapter is used to send messages from PI into a JMS queue. Some people use the JMS queues of the underlying SAP Web Application Server of the Java PI installation.

Best regards

Sebastain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think I will have to re-look at the screenshots, may be I am a bit confused in using JMS.

Thank you,

Pankaj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me what fields in the Message Header indicate about the source and/ or target systems? For example the Directory header parameter, of Sender FILE channel, tells me from where the file was picked up.

Likewise what does the field JMSDestination stands for?

The screenshot which I have shows the JMS Message Header Details (the ASMA characters).

Tried searching for fields like JMSDestination, but there is no information on SDN abou it.

Thank you,

Pankaj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just saw some details on google. Will keep the thread updated.

Thank you,

Pankaj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

You re welcome

P.s.: Sun's JMS Tutorial is a good starter if you re new to JMS and related technical terms.

Best wishes

Sebastian