cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERM SP13: New methodology for import roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have created and set as active a new process for the methodology, with only 3 steps (Definition, Testing and Approval).The problem is that when we import roles from R3, the roles are import to the system within the SAP default methodology which is inactive, with 7 steps (Definition, Authorization, Derivation, Risk Analysis, Approval, Generation and Testing).

I have two questions:

- How can i import the roles to the new and active methodology (3 steps)?

- How can i select that the roles imported go to the last stage of the methodology? I mean, all the steps will be in "green option"?

Thanks in advance. Best regards,

Sergio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergio,

After uploading the roles, go to methodology->process-> apply to existing roles. Did you try this?

During Mass Role Import, in role info file, there is a column that says 'Set Role Methodology?'. Type Yes here.

R M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R M,

Thanks for your quickly response,

- About the apply to existing roles option, yes, i try that. But ERM continues apply the standard process for methodology. You think wil be resolved if i delete it?

- About the column Set Role Methodology, youre right, now i can put all the import roles in the last stage of the methodology in "green option".

Many thanks for your help,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergio,

You can disable the standard methodology instead of deleting it. ERM will apply the active methodology, that you have created, to the existing roles.

R M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R M,

That will be the logical action, but when you import roles from R3, these will be with the standar methodology (7 steps). Doesn´t matter what methodology is as active.

As you mention, ERM will apply the active methodology (4 steps), that you have created, to the existing roles, but not to import roles.

Thanks for your help,

Kind regards,