Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the unclassified user.

ganesh_borase2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have to do license measuremnet on development system.

So using USMM, I have all the user classification and classify them in TEST and DEVELOPER

but I have problem that, I have classify all the user's but till I get the message like

3 users that are not classified are counted as Test

I have check all the user by logging individual client and classify also check in user classification

but I am not able to find the 3 unclassified users.

So please suggest me How to find the unclassified user.

Thanks

ganesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

During the measurement, the system follows the following rules

1. With users that take their authorizations exclusively from a reference user (no roles, no profiles) and for which the assigned reference user is classified, the classification of the reference user is inherited

2. For all other users, the system differentiates between those working in production clients, and those in non-production clients. Users in non-production clients are counted as TEST. Users in production clients may be assigned a user type that depends on the price list setting.

Alos you can use below procedure to licensing

You can use the system measurement transaction (transaction USMM, "User Classification" button) to determine the non-classified users, and classify them.

When creating new users with the user maintenance transaction (SU01), you can enter the measurement-relevant data immediately (choose the "License Data" button or tab page).

You can classify reference users in the system measurement transaction USMM by choosing "Goto" -> "Reference User Classification".

Thanks

DK

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

During the measurement, the system follows the following rules

1. With users that take their authorizations exclusively from a reference user (no roles, no profiles) and for which the assigned reference user is classified, the classification of the reference user is inherited

2. For all other users, the system differentiates between those working in production clients, and those in non-production clients. Users in non-production clients are counted as TEST. Users in production clients may be assigned a user type that depends on the price list setting.

Alos you can use below procedure to licensing

You can use the system measurement transaction (transaction USMM, "User Classification" button) to determine the non-classified users, and classify them.

When creating new users with the user maintenance transaction (SU01), you can enter the measurement-relevant data immediately (choose the "License Data" button or tab page).

You can classify reference users in the system measurement transaction USMM by choosing "Goto" -> "Reference User Classification".

Thanks

DK

0 Kudos

Dear Dheeraj,

But my problem is that How to find the unclassified user.

Because I have check the all user by loging to individual client

all users are classified but till I receive the message

3 users are not classified.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Kudos

Ganesh Try comparing active users from USR02 and USR06 (License Type) to find the difference. A simple vlookup should do.

Regards,

Ajesh.

0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Here is an alternative:

Goto USMM, Choose User Classification and then Simple List

Select the User Type field on the User Classification screen, choose Edit Selection Options (F2).

Select Single Value, and choose Copy

This will display the unclassified users. You may refer SAP Note 313585 for further reference.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Raghu