cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mdm workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I need to design this below scnrio.........

1. scnrio.

1. A record gets created.. and workflow starts

2. should be sent to 3 users simultaniously(user1, user2, user3)

ex. if user1 only enters some genral data, user2 enters tax related data, etc...

4. 3 approvers need to be assigned now for the respertive users(having different role).

approver1 checks for general data, approver2 for tax data, approver3...

5. If any of them gets disapproved .... should go to the concerned user.

6. If all the 3 approvers approve, should to set to be done.

Also my notify step is not sending emails, I have provided the IP address, and disabled the LDAP in the .ini file, i provided a

valid email address for the wf owner........ do you think anywhere I missed out.

How do I know if I have provided the correct IP address..........any way to verify?

3. can we trigger a workflow when a record is deleted, pls let me know the steps.(I did not find an option for delete......like add,update, etc)

rgds,

venu

Edited by: venu v on Oct 18, 2010 10:44 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Scenario 1:.You can acheive it easily using Guided Procedures,instead of MDM Workflows.

Scenario 2 : Ping the Mail server IP Address from your MDM server, if it returns a value then the connection is active.

Have you restarted MDM server after adding IP address in .ini, if not restart MDM server once and check.

Scenario 3:You can not trigger a workflow on Deleting a record from MDM, if you Flag the record for Deletion then you will be able to trigger a Workflow and notify some one that record is marked for deletion.

Workflow design has to be

Start->Branch step->Notify->Stop

stop2

Trigger action to be Record update. use a validation to check whether the Flag is marked or not,if marked it goes to Notify or else it goes to Stop2

Hope this help you.

Regards

Sowseel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

1. I am using MDM workflow to do this scnrio, we are not using any GP, Can you pls differentiate between GP & BPM.

I see GP and BPM are pretty much doing the same thing...... when to use GP and when BPM.

2. I have pinged the IP its working fine, but could not send out the mail.

3. I think the workaround looks fine, but here we are only notifying the user about the records to delete.

regards,

venu.

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

I don't think it's possible the mentioned scenario using MDM workflow...it's not flexible...Well we manageed the same using GP and it worked well. Not sure about BPM, but I understand it also has better integration and capabilities. I suggest, Choose based on what resourse and system you have at your end

Cheers,

Rc

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you should go with SAP NW BPM . and you can design it by NWDS tool

for more details on that follow below link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/50f1c01b-972d-2c10-3d9d-90887014fafb

Hope it helps

Rgds

Deep

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

GP is going to be replaced by CE BPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for all your replies.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you trying to do this by mdm workflow not sap nw bpm?