cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSCS two Node - having issues with have installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are doing a BW/BI HA distributed ABAP + JAVA installation on Win 2008 SP2, MS SQL 2008 and 7 EHP1 using MSCS (microsoft cluster)

we are having some problems at the moment to install the java when ask us for the sap group, etc :

we are using the following IPs:

First MSCS Node: 10.1.6.135 ASSBWO01BF

adapter for private network

First MSCS Node: 10.1.6.1.138 VBWOMX01 (Virtual name)

adapter for public network

Additional MSCS Node: 10.1.6.134 ASSBWO02BF

adapter for private network

Additional MSCS Node: 10.1.6.139 VBWOMX02 (Virtual name)

adapter for public network

Cluster Group 10.1.6.146 clusgrp

Sap Cluster Group 10.1.6.137 sapgrp

DB Cluster Group 10.1.6.138 dbgrp

Three questions:

1. Is there a problem if the node 1 virtual/public name is using the same ip as the db group?

2. Is there a problem if all the ips are in the same range, since this is intranet i believe all are same type (not private or public)?

3. Any suggestions about to install the java and the abap?

Thanks in advance for your guidance,

Maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

I've not used W2008 clustering, only W2003, however I believe the theory is the same for the networking.

1. Is there a problem if the node 1 virtual/public name is using the same ip as the db group?

The virtual IP addresses need to be unique on the network so node1 IP cannot be the same as the db group.

2. Is there a problem if all the ips are in the same range, since this is intranet i believe all are same type (not private or public)?

No, this isn't an issue.

All the connections into the cluster will use the virtual addresses you've specified. (e.g. SQL Mgmt studio connection to the db node use the virtual address for db.) However, any connections outbound from the cluster will be from the specific node the connection was initiated on. e.g. you want to initiate an ftp connection from the db node, it will always be from node 1 or node 2, never from the db virtual address.

3. Any suggestions about to install the java and the abap?

I believe the installation guides have the HA install documented.

Hope this helps.

Gareth

Former Member
0 Kudos

so if the box that covers node 1 which phycial name is box1, has ip 1. 1. 1. 1, virtual nmae vbox1 has ip 1.1.1.2 and the db group for the cluster is 1.1.1.2 is wrong even the db will reside in node 1? why can you explain me...

thanks,

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

I'm sorry, i don't understand what you've asked in your last post.

Gareth

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you could explaing me what will happen if we have the virutal ip as the same as the DB group.....

what this might cause....because currently as describe the box where node 1 is for physical has one ip but for virtual is having the same ip as the db group....thanks,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firstly, you must not have same IP in you network subnet, defiantly it will clash with other.

Second, can't have duplicate IP in your cluster servers and cluster groups.

You can have same IP range 10.1.6.xx for your cluster servers.

Follow : /people/thomas.jung3/blog/2005/05/31/microsoft-cluster-server-and-netweaver-04

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/b09d53ac-8b0f-2b10-6798-ecfd55894839 [original link is broken]

Former Member
0 Kudos

An another question, We are having a ABAP and Java stacks....on the Java is a Portal, and the plan is to add BW Accelarator and the Business objects.....

is advisable to keep the java separated in an independent cluster? if we keep it in the same cluster can this cause the abap to be coming down?