cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disagregation in DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

What is the Difference between the following Disaggregation methods?

P- Based on Different Keyfigures

I- Pro Rat; If Intial; Based on Different key figure

Regards

Vicky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member721730
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

P - based on the another key figure.

This is completely dependent on the another key figure. For example Key figure 2 is configured as P and the key figure is Sales Order. In the below case, Key figure 1 values are manual input and is copied to Key figure 2.

Period - 1 Period -2

Sale order MAT1 0 25

MAT2 50 0

key figure 1 MAT1 50 75

MAT2 50 100

key figure 2 MAT1 0 75

MAT2 100 0

When copying to Key figure 1, it checks the Sales Order quantity. Even the Sales order quantity shows as 25 and 50 that is considered as 100% and the Key figure 1 values copied to Key figure 2.

When the Sales order quantity is 0 and the Key figure 1 having more quantity that wouldn't be copied to Key figure 2. Because that propation is 0%.

I didn't used the type I config. My understanding is

1. If the value is initial in Key figure 2 it will disaggregate from the aggregate level quantity and wouldn't consider the another key figure assigned for disaggreation.

2. If the Key figure values is not initial, it will consider (In our case) the Sales Order Key figure and will do the same process as above give example.

Regards,

Saravanan V

Regards,

Saravanan V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol

I think the following is measure difference.

In P - Based on another key figure that if no values exist for the key figure for basis pro rata disaggregation is used

And in case of I: Pro rata If there is no value for the basis key figure, the values are disaggregated evenly.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol

Thanks for your reply.

Message you sent is already available in the sap help.I just want to know the difference based on the real example.

P - Based on another key figure

*The data is distributed to the lowest level of detail in the same proportions as those that can be derived from the values of another key figure. For example, you can apply the proportional distribution of the key figure "Baseline/statistical forecast" to the key figure "Manual adjustment". Note, however, that if no values exist for the key figure "Baseline/statistical forecast", pro rata disaggregation is used.*

If you enter 'P', you must also specify on this screen the key figure on which disaggregation is based. Do this in the field "Disaggregation key figure".

I: Pro rata, except for the initial disaggregation, which is based on another key figure

If you create data on an aggregate level, the data is distributed to the lowest level of detail in the same proportions as those that can be derived from the values of another key figure. For example, you can apply the proportional distribution of the key figure "Baseline/statistical forecast" to the key figure "Manual adjustment". If there is no value for the basis key figure, the values are disaggregated evenly. If you enter 'I', you must also specify on this screen the key figure on which disaggregation is based. Do this in the field "Disaggregation key figure".

If you change data on an aggregate level, the values at the detailed level change so that each one represents the same proportion of the aggregate values as before.

Thanks

Vicky

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.