cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ORA-13503: Creating SYSAUX tablespace with invalid attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am installing SAP Netweaver 7.01 ABAP only on Oracle Release 10.2.0.4.0 on AIX, installation stopped with the error below

An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 1 > SAP Application Server ABAP > Oracle > Central System > Central System( Last error reported by the step :SQL statement or script failed. DIAGNOSIS: Error message: ORA-13503: Creating SYSAUX tablespace with invalid attributes Disconnected from Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options . SOLUTION: For more information, see ora_sql_results.log and the Oracle documentation.). You can now:

Choose Retry to repeat the current step.

Choose View Log to get more information about the error.

Stop the option and continue with it later.

Log files are written to /oracle/R5S/oraarch/tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW701/AS-ABAP/ORA/CENTRAL

Please help if you have any clue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member709110
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abu,

SYSAUX tablespace already exists and still your ORA_SQL_RESULTS.log shows SAPINST is trying to create a SYSAUX , so that clearly shows the installation is messed-up. If i were you i would cleanup (drop the databse ) and re-start SAPINST from scratch.

Also i suppose by this time you must have figured out that the invalid attribute is SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT MANUAL so when get to the step where the sapinst allows you to define the various attributes for the database , just ensure that ASSM option is selected for SYSAUX (which i suppose is default).

Regards,

Neel

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like issue as blow:

Cause: An attempt to create the SYSAUX tablespace with invalid attributes.

Action: Create SYSAUX tablespace with ONLINE, PERMANENT, EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL, SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT AUTO attributes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I tried to do that with auto option , but it says , tablespce already exists.

and

SQL> select TABLESPACE_NAME from dba_tablespaces;

TABLESPACE_NAME

-

SYSTEM

PSAPUNDO

SYSAUX

PSAPTEMP

PSAPSR3

PSAPSR3701

PSAPSR3USR

7 rows selected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to drop and re-create the SYSAUX tablespace.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First try to drop the tablespace.

Then try to execute the following syntax.

CREATE TABLESPACE sysaux

DATAFILE '/u01/oradata/sysaux01.dbf' SIZE 700M

EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT AUTO;

it should be working.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

sumi_susan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please provide the details of the logs/trace files.

Regards,

Sam

fjhernanz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you receive further information on ora_sql_results.log ?

Br,

Javier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are last few lines of ORA_SQL_RESULTS.log In /oracle/R5S/oraarch/tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW701/AS-ABAP/ORA/CENTRAL shows as below:-

Connected to:

Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production

With the Partitioning, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

CREATE TABLESPACE SYSAUX DATAFILE '/oracle/R5S/sapdata1/sysaux_1/sysaux.data1' SIZE 200M REUSE AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 20M MAXSIZE 10000M LOGGING ONLINE PERMANENT EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL AUTOALLOCATE SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT MANUAL

ERROR at line 1:

Disconnected from Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production

With the Partitioning, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

SAPINST: End of output of SQL executing program /oracle/R5S/102_64/bin/sqlplus.

SAPINST found errors.

SAPINST The current process environment may be found in sapinst_ora_environment.log.

2010-10-17, 20:10:56 SAPINST ORACLE stop logging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As the tablespace SYSAUX has already been created, u will not be able to delete it or rename it as per the SAP Note 872851. Check whether the datafile for the sysaux tablespace is physically available in the path /oracle/R5S/sapdata1/sysaux_1 and then retry the installation if the file is present else try to create the file with the following command at the SQL level.

CREATE TABLESPACE SYSAUX DATAFILE '/oracle/R5S/sapdata1/sysaux_1/sysaux.data1' SIZE 200M REUSE AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 20M MAXSIZE 10000M;

Then proceed with the installation.

Hope this solves ur issue.

Regards,

Varadharajan M