cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space for sapdata1 fs with IDES

Former Member
0 Kudos

While installing IDES RETAIL 600 on Oracle 10g / AIX 5.3, I am getting following error,

An error occurred while processing service SAP ERP 2005 Support Release 2 > SAP Systems > Oracle > Central System > Central System Installation( Last error reported by the step :Unable to create the tablespaces. DIAGNOSIS: There is not enough free disk space: Mount point | space required | space available | SAPDATA directories /oracle/SID/sapdata1 | 159324 | 73578.5 | 1 . SOLUTION: Make more disk space available.). You may now

press Retry to repeat the current step.

press the View Log button to get more information about the error.

stop the task and continue with it later.

Log files are written to /oracle/SID/oraarch/tmp/sapinst_instdir/ERP/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS.

/dev/sapdata1lv 75.00 3.15 71.85 5% /oracle/SID/sapdata1

/dev/sapdata2lv 75.00 0.01 74.99 1% /oracle/SID/sapdata2

/dev/sapdata3lv 75.00 0.01 74.99 1% /oracle/SID/sapdata3

/dev/sapdata4lv 75.00 0.01 74.99 1% /oracle/SID/sapdata4

I know easy solution is to increase sapdata1, My question is why it is putting everytinig in sapdata1 ? I didnot have any option with sapinst to select file system. Is it normal with IDES that everything goes to one filesystem ?

I will appreciate your reply, Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, its normal behavior of the SAP IDES Installation on Oracle. Here we need to have enough space in sapdata1 FS as the dumps/data are loaded into the tablespaces avalable in SAPDATA1 alone. And for SAP IDES Retail installation on Oracle u need to have atleast 180 GB for SAPDATA1.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have solved this problem , selecting custom option with sapinst where I was able to distribure the oracle datafiles in different filesystems

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have solved this problem , selecting custom option with Database setting with sapinst where I was able to distribure the oracle datafiles in different filesystems