cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error creating compound field

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create a compound field Region which has two fields associated with it - country and region. I am using the DEBMDM06 idoc structure. I am trying to map LAND1 to the Country part of the Region field and REGIO to the region part of the Region field. When I right click in the Source Fields pane and select Create Compound field, I am able to select Region. But when I select it I get an error - 'Error creating compound field'

- 'Unable to retrieve source records'. What is causing this error?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I assume you are importing region look up flat for DEBMDM06.Considering that I cant understand why you want to have a compound field for region as it is supposed to be a look up flat.

To import look up flats:

1. Map the source fields to destination fields.

2. Map the values.

If at all you have redesigned your structure and made region as a qualified table, it is essential to map the individual non qualifiers first.

Once you have done that only then you will be allowed to form a compound field of your non qualifiers,make a clone of it and map the same followed by mapping the qualifiers.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

I also encountered the same problem and found the solution for the same.

Make you dont use any virtual field in the source hierarchy of Import manager as well as make sure all the fields used in this compound field combination are existing in the source file.

hope this helps all who faces the same issue.

thanks

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you tell me what is the process code and inbound function module u r using for the IDOC DEBMDM06.

Thanks

NK