cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SCM 7.0 SR1 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm performing a SAP SCM 7.0 SR1 Installation on HPUX, but the customer is requiring a DUAL-STACK. When the Installer is started only appears the options AS ABAP or AS JAVA. My doubt is: First I execute with the option AS ABAP on Central Instance and after with the option AS JAVA?

This is my first installation with DUAL-STACK. I only performed AS ABAP or AS JAVA, Never using the both.

My Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the newer versions(except PI) SAP dual stack is no longer available and thus we need to install AS ABAP and AS JAVA as two seperate instances (On a single database or two different databases).

Let me brief you the installation steps for a dual stack machine.

1. Install the AS ABAP instance.

2. Carry out the post installation activities like TMS config, Profile import and all.

3. Create a new client

4. Now start installing the AS JAVA on the same database and host.

5. Choose ABAP database as the UME when prompted.

6. Enter the host and logon details of the ABAP instance. (You may have to create the users J2EE_ADM_<SID>, J2EE_GST_<SID>, SAPJSF and ADSUSER in the ABAP instance.)

7. Choose to configure a central/Local SLD.

8. User NWA to carry out the configuration.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt answer...

The ABAP and LC were installed ok.

The JAVA instance becomes necessary because the EM (Event Management) will be used. So when I started the sapinst I must use the option "Central System" and set this options as you said?

My Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you need to chose the central instance from the Application Server Java under the SAP Net Weaver 7.0.

Mark this as answered if ur concerns are addressed.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Read this Note

Note 855534 - Dual Stack and SAP Business Suite 7

You have to install first ABAP with one SID and then install Java engine as other SID.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Systems like PI and Soution Manager can be installed as Dual Stack. General direction from SAP for rest of the systems is to install ABAP and Java stack separately.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls someone help me

Edited by: User Basis on Oct 17, 2010 12:13 PM