cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule based monitors (RZ20) - Show system availability for selected systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm new with CCMS monitoring and need an advice for rule based monitors.

I want to create three alert monitors (RZ20). One for our developing systems, one for our quality assurance systems and one to monitor our production systems.

For the start, I want to show data in each of this monitor for free space of the filesytems (MTE class: "FilesystemFreeSpace"), for users which are locked out (MTE class "R3SyslogSecurity") and for the availabilty of the ABAP systems (MTE class "Availability_SysPercent_ABAP").

I started to create the monitor for our developing system and got a problem. I started with the rule "CCMS_DEFINE_R3_SYSTEMS" to select our developing systems "HRT", "CRT" and so on. Under this nodes, I defined the mte classes ("CCMS_GET_MTE_BY_CLASS") which needs to be shown: "FilesystemFreeSpace", "R3SyslogSecurity" and "Availability_SysPercent_ABAP".

When I checked the results, I was able to see the free space of the filesystems and whether a user has been locked out. Unfortunately, I recognized that the availability is not shown. Instead there is the message "No MTEs currently available".

I'm aware, the availability cannot be shown on this way, since the agents are part of the central monitoring system and hence i need to choose the central system for "CCMS_DEFINE_R3_SYSTEMS". However I'd like to show the availability separated for each system under "HRT", "CRT" and so on. That means for example, there should me a node "HRT", which contains the free space of the filesystems, whether users are locked out, and the availability for the system.

It's not a problem to get a solution with a static monitor. I simply create a virtual node "HRT" and tick the checkbox under "<central system>, ..., <availability>, <hrt> ..."

However, I'd like to use rule based monitor to keep the effort at a minimum by not ticking thousand of check-boxes when I expand the monitored objects.

I also tried to use the rule "CCMS_GET_AVAILABILITY_FOR_SYSTEM", but it doesn't work and SAP documentations say "This rule is reserved by SAP for later use".

Does anybody know a solution for my problem?

In addition, I've got one more question concerning rule based monitors: If I want to create a monitor for my developing systems, I'll not be able to choose "<all>" for "CCMS_DEFINE_R3_SYSTEMS". Do I need to create "CCMS_DEFINE_R3_SYSTEMS" for each system separately? Or is there another possible way?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Bob

Edited by: Bob Norwich on Oct 17, 2010 12:04 PM

I read something about logical MTE classes: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/31/5462405c910272e10000000a155106/frameset.htm --> Does I need to use this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to answer my second question by myself.

There is a way to separate for example developing systems, quality assurance systems production systems in the alert monitor.

You need you create system groups in "RZ21"/Technical Infrastructure/Configure Central System/Maintain System Groups.

After system groups had been created, it was possible to choose the system group in the rule based monitor: CCMS_DEFINE_R3_SYSTEMS=<system group>

Has anybody an idea for my first question. I spent hours to find a reasonable solution, but haven't find one yet?

Thank you in advance.

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried using the rule, "CCMS_GET_MTE_BY_CLASS_AND_OPTIONS"? Then use a wildcard search in the MTE class to get the nodes you want.

Regards,

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Sean for my very late anwser.

I was very busy in my company.

Yes, I had tried you suggestion but it didn't work for me.

The problem is, that the Agent "CCMSPING" is part of the central monitoring system by definition.

Furthermore I tried to copy the default availabiliy monitor to look how it is definied. It didn't help.

I made the decision to define my monitor differently (an extra monitor for the availability for all system) and replace this temporalily solution when ""CCMS_GET_AVAILABILITY_FOR_SYSTEM" will be available.

The situation is not so bad after all.

Thx for your help. I appreciate it!!

Bob