cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combination of PI 7.11 and PI 7.10 - Exporting from 7.11 Importing to 7.10

0 Kudos

Hello,

We have an landscape of PI 7.10 systems as central broker in our organization. We are deploying IRA object and ID objects from the development system to QUA and PROD systems.

We intends to upgrade the development system to PI 7.1 HP.

I wonder if I can deploy objects that was developed in PI 7.11 (the development system) into system PI 7.10 (QUA & PROD).

Do anyone have landscape with PI 7.1 HP as development system and PI 7.1 as PROD system.

Can I exporting objects from 7.11 and importing them into 7.10 ??

Regards,

Gil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Liang,

Thanks for the answer.

I know there is diferences between tpz files in PI 7.0 and PI 7.1, but is there any difference between tpz files in PI 7.1 and PI 7.11?

Do you think it will be a problem to import IR objects from PI 7.11 to PI 7.10?

regards,

Gil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Gil:

I guess the tpz should be compatible for PI 7.1 and 7.11, but you can try on your sandbox to see any results.

Probably you are able to import into 7.1. As I said, I never tried this scenario.

Regards

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Gil:

First of all, welcome to PI forum.

Regarding your question, I have not done something like this, I think better not doing this. There are some reasons:

1. In your design or configuration, if designer used PI 7.11 feature, your import will fail in PI 7.1

2. I tried to import tpz file into PI 7.0, it does not identify the tpz as valid tpz, I know it might not be such situation when import into

7.1 for 7.11 tpz file.

3. I clearly remember in one of my project, after we upgraded to 7.11, there are two versions of the objects coexist, like adapter

there is version for 7.1 and there is another version 7.11. If in your exported tpz file, which used 7.11 version, I guess your import will fail too.

Regards

Liang