cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Up front payment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When creating a customer .. how can i prevent them having a credit account? i.e. ensure we get credit card payment at order entry.

I am probably missing something simple here!

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you talking about Down Payment process where the manufacturer receives the amount in advance and then the order is processed ?? If so, please search the forum for configuration details.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI - I don't believe it is downpayment but I will re-read that just in case. We want to take FULL payment upfront and make that mandatory.

We sell products over the phone. Some customers have a full account with payment terms over a month or 60 days. Other customers "general public" phone up and we create a customer record for them but Sales Order would allow us to sell without taking upfront / down payment which is what we want to prevent.

We have created a payment term called Pay Immediately which is a prompt if it is seen at order entery but it doesnt force the order entry clerk.

Thanks

Lee

sidi_reghioui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would 've said to implement Automatic Credit Check for those customers and setting the Max Doc Value to 0,01 to block any orders for the customer assigned.

Regards

Sidi